PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro vs. Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80347)

rstoyguy 08-21-2009 08:34 AM

Re: Touch Pro vs. Diamond

I upgraded from the Vogue to the diamond. I missed my storage card, but I liked the smaller size of the Diamond without the keyboard. I then upgraded to the TouchPro. I thought it was big and klunky. Two month's into that one, I had to swap out my phone and go back to the diamond. Won't do that again! I had gotten used to the 16gb storage card, and I actually missed the keyboard from my mogul days. But the clincher for me was the increased memory. I have been able to pack my rom full off use-less stuff and can't even get close to filling it up.

here's my vote: Touch Pro
+ Memory
+ Storage Card
+ Keyboard

craig198 08-21-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertywarez (Post 1113574)
I was using a Diamond at one point and was dieing to get the Touch Pro. When I finally did, I ended up keeping it only 3 months before selling it and re-activating my Diamond. The pro is way too FAT to be any fun. Dont wear anything too fitting with the Pro. Looks foolish when you wear it on your belt.

what are you guys like 4 feet tall and 89 pounds lol. it looks smaller than alot of blackberrys people put on their belt.

Noir 08-21-2009 08:42 AM

I don't like phones with no hardware keyboard. IMHO this is the dealbreaker for me with the diamond. It's why I chose the touch pro and I haven't looked back since

impulse 08-21-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig198 (Post 1113908)
what are you guys like 4 feet tall and 89 pounds lol. it looks smaller than alot of blackberrys people put on their belt.

I agree. The touch pro is a thicker phone, but i wouldn't call it big and bulky. Unless, of course, you have little girly hands...

psiphi 08-21-2009 10:10 AM

You know, the same poll should be asked in the Diamond forum to be fair...

zone23 08-21-2009 10:22 AM

The touch pro is the same thickness and size as many other phones with a sliding keyboard. In most cases it is just an 1/8" thicker than most phones without a sliding keyboard. When compaired to a BB Curve 8830 it is skinner, same height and just an 1/8" thicker and a way better phone. I bought my daughter an LG Rumor and the phones are the same size. The only difference is weight the touch pro is heavier. Most of the weight comes from the battery. The weight I believe is the only down fall to the TP not the dimensions. The Rumor for instance is light as a feather in comparison.

yearn 08-21-2009 10:25 AM

Im currently on Alltel and fixing to have to switch to VZW, I looked at their TP's and Diamonds but if all the rumors are true Im gonna try to hold out for the Omnia ll. Man that phone looks amazing!

But as far as this poll goes, I vote Diamond.
The TP's have so many issues, mainly faulty KB's and they are very thick.
I like the solid feel of the diamond and with the VZW version memory shouldnt be that much of an issue since it has an sd card. I dont install hardly anything to device memory anyways.
And I dont think Id use the HW KB hardly at all.

GaMedic 08-25-2009 12:26 PM

Thanks for the input you guys submitted. I di decide to keep the Pro. It is a huge upgrade from the 6800 IMO. I have enjoyed it so far.

jmorton10 08-25-2009 01:05 PM

I have both, but I don't even have the diamond activated at this point.

I use Verizon service with Sprint phones & I have three TP's that I love.

The really funny thing is, I have never used the hardware KB's once. I think the hardware keyboard sucks in the TP(the keys are way too small & stiff IMHO). I use Vito SMS-Chat with a custom skinned TouchPal KB & I can type insanely fast with that setup using T+ (WAY faster than anyone can type on that hardware KB). Using NRG ROM, I get no texting lag whatever with that setup also.

I like all the other features the Sprint TP has that the Diamond doesn't (I use the TV out everyday for instance)

~John

Mylt1 08-25-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1114053)
Im currently on Alltel and fixing to have to switch to VZW, I looked at their TP's and Diamonds but if all the rumors are true Im gonna try to hold out for the Omnia ll. Man that phone looks amazing!

But as far as this poll goes, I vote Diamond.
The TP's have so many issues, mainly faulty KB's and they are very thick.
I like the solid feel of the diamond and with the VZW version memory shouldnt be that much of an issue since it has an sd card. I dont install hardly anything to device memory anyways.
And I dont think Id use the HW KB hardly at all.

i havent heard of KB issues with the VZN TP. i know its a problem with the sprint version though. the memory issue isnt with storage, its with the program mem. it limits what you can install in a rom as well as how many programs you can run. i use my KB all the time for text. not so much with things like the internet but just in texting its well worth a real KB.