PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Water or some kind of spot behind the screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79508)

metaGlass 08-14-2009 11:42 PM

Water or some kind of spot behind the screen

Hey guys. My TP seems to have a streak that looks like water/oil behind the screen. This phone is only a couple of months old and I've taken good care of it. It hasn't been anywhere near water (the water damage indicator is intact).

I read somewhere that this isn't water, but that when the LCD and the touch overlay make contact, it can produce this spot.

My concern is that this phone is being warrantied next week. My friend was kind enough to push it through for me, but he warned that when they get my current phone back after they mail me the replacement, they'll notice that mark. After that, they might void my warranty and charge me full retail for the phone ($550, after I already paid $350 for this one).

He suggested that I CAREFULLY take the phone apart and clean that mark up before I send it back (he thinks it's a water spot, but he's not sure). I can do that and try my best to avoid voiding the warranty (stickers, etc). However, I figured I'd ask here first and see what other suggestions I can get on how best to clean this mess up.

Any suggestions? :D

veedubguru 08-14-2009 11:55 PM

Re: Water or some kind of spot behind the screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaGlass (Post 1102437)
Hey guys. My TP seems to have a streak that looks like water/oil behind the screen. This phone is only a couple of months old and I've taken good care of it. It hasn't been anywhere near water (the water damage indicator is intact).

I read somewhere that this isn't water, but that when the LCD and the touch overlay make contact, it can produce this spot.

My concern is that this phone is being warrantied next week. My friend was kind enough to push it through for me, but he warned that when they get my current phone back after they mail me the replacement, they'll notice that mark. After that, they might void my warranty and charge me full retail for the phone ($550, after I already paid $350 for this one).

He suggested that I CAREFULLY take the phone apart and clean that mark up before I send it back (he thinks it's a water spot, but he's not sure). I can do that and try my best to avoid voiding the warranty (stickers, etc). However, I figured I'd ask here first and see what other suggestions I can get on how best to clean this mess up.

Any suggestions? :D

I don't know if I'd take it apart. I'm sure the techs have seen this mark before (since so many TPs do this) and know it's nothing you've done, but just one of the usual Touch Pro problems.

metaGlass 08-16-2009 03:06 PM

Re: Water or some kind of spot behind the screen

Ah, cool :) Thanks for the reply man. So you think it's unlikely they'll make a fuss over it, cancel the mfg warranty, and charge me?