PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   SOLVED! alarm only plays first second of sound cut off by reminder sound (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79215)

raidzero 08-13-2009 10:27 AM

SOLVED! alarm only plays first second of sound cut off by reminder sound

1 Attachment(s)
I am having an issue that I just cannot figure out. somehow I broke my alarm sounds and I do not remember what I did. When I set an alarm it goes off and plays the correct sound but the sound gets cut off immediately. does anyone know what could cause this? registry setting somewhere maybe? using erice 23016 kitchen with custom oems and modified sys files. I am wondering what sys and oems are related to alarm sounds?

OK here's the answer: from post 8:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications]
"MuteSoundOnClose"=dword:0
"AlertInterrupt"=dword:0

cabbed it for anyone:

MadlyAlive 08-13-2009 11:49 AM

Re: alarm only plays first second of sound

Did you try a different sound file? Does it continue to vibrate even if the sound gets cut off?

raidzero 08-13-2009 12:34 PM

I have tried many sounds and they all do the same thing. it does not vibrate at all

bmb2n 08-13-2009 12:34 PM

This is a known WM6.5 alarm bug. The system notification mutes the alarm after it wakes up. You have to use G-Alarm or other Alarm softwares for this.

Good luck!

raidzero 08-13-2009 12:38 PM

AH HA! well that makes sense and I guess I will stop worrying about it.... I never use the alarm, I have an old dumbphone that is my alarm clock. though it did work yesterday for me when I tested it...

raidzero 08-13-2009 02:18 PM

the more I think about it the more I remember yesterday on a different build (same SYS files) the alarm functionality worked perfectly. I don't think this is the mentioned bug,,,

raidzero 08-13-2009 03:52 PM

Re: alarm only plays first second of sound cut off by reminder sound

Now the alarm goes off, but it is cut short by the windows reminder sound, the same one for calendar appointments. how to prevent this behavior??

raidzero 08-13-2009 04:53 PM

Re: SOLVED! alarm only plays first second of sound cut off by reminder sound

here it is

THANKS DCD!!!

"MuteSoundOnClose"=dword:0
"AlertInterrupt"=dword:0

psycho_maniac 08-13-2009 05:01 PM

quote post #8 in your original post and that would help people looking for this problem
just my 3 cents

MadlyAlive 08-13-2009 05:03 PM

Definitely added this to my favorites...I just loaded a 6.5 ROM after debating to go back to it after I didn't like the interface.

I rely on alarms occasionally, so this may have to be implemented at some point!