PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Lock screen question.. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78919)

motocrossyz85 08-11-2009 03:44 PM

Lock screen question..

Sorry if this is a repeat but I am wondering how you make the lock screen to come up automatically? I dont like having to hold the end button and locking from there and I was wondering where the setting is to just have it pop up on turn on...

Thanks in advanced!

basilray 08-11-2009 03:53 PM

Re: Lock screen question..

Are you looking for a specific lock? Like the Windows Lock, WinMo 6.5 Lock, Slide to Unlock, Pocketshield, or what?

My guess is you meant the 6.5 lock. In which case you need AutoLock
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451

JAVIERBOND007 08-11-2009 04:07 PM

I use sensor lock, everytime the device wakes up it locks the screen, you can flip it to unlock you can even set it up to unlock when you remove the stylus.

Check it out here: it works with the TP.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36678

psycho_maniac 08-11-2009 10:06 PM

pocketshield.

Talon Pro 08-12-2009 10:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1095512)
pocketshield.

Amen. Ive tried Sensorlock, S2U2, and Pocketshield.

PS is the best and i paid for it too. Sensorlock would lock or unlock with shaking, and it didnt work with the Diamond Profile Switcher either. But i hated trying to flip the dang phone 3 or 4 times when i wanted to answer a call as it had to be completely flat to work.

basilray 08-12-2009 11:42 AM

+1 for Pocketshield. Just is a much better app than S2u2, which I used for a long time.

JAVIERBOND007 08-12-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon Pro (Post 1096512)
Amen. Ive tried Sensorlock, S2U2, and Pocketshield.

PS is the best and i paid for it too. Sensorlock would lock or unlock with shaking, and it didnt work with the Diamond Profile Switcher either. But i hated trying to flip the dang phone 3 or 4 times when i wanted to answer a call as it had to be completely flat to work.

You can setup sensorlock to autounlock when an incoming call is arriving

psycho_maniac 08-15-2009 10:58 AM

oh yeah i tried the default lock on 6.5 and i have been using pocketshield for so long i got in the habit of powering on, placing my thumb on the top of the phone and sliding down. LOL i did that a couple times with 6.5 and i didnt have pocketshield installed lol. missed it and realized 6.5 lock wasnt for me so i went back to pocketshield

Biggzz 08-15-2009 11:35 AM

Has anyine figured out how to use the 6.5 lock without having to password protect it?

etc 09-22-2009 05:17 PM

PocketShield was exactly what I wanted.

Had to upgrade the Microsoft .Net Compact Framework.

richards108 09-23-2009 07:12 PM

anyone know of any programs like ps that also enable you to add security? i tried throttlelock but that uses so much mem it really slows th phone down. i have basically just been using the stock lock # password setup that comes with windows

psycho_maniac 09-23-2009 09:37 PM

s2u2 works pretty good. they have new versions finally and its pretty nice. this might be what your looking for. is throttle lock the one with the buttons to press in a sequence? i dont like s2u2 anymore as i got really used to pocketshield.

richards108 09-24-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1189109)
s2u2 works pretty good. they have new versions finally and its pretty nice. this might be what your looking for. is throttle lock the one with the buttons to press in a sequence? i dont like s2u2 anymore as i got really used to pocketshield.

throttle lock is the program that has a grid of like 9 dots and u make ur own secret patern to unlock it . . its kinda like slide to unlock on crack haha. . its a sweet concept just bogs my phone down like crazy . .and ill check out s2u2 thanks

psycho_maniac 09-24-2009 02:17 PM

if you dontlike that try pocketshield. i had problems with s2u2 as it would bog down my phone also but this was on the stock rom. its really lightweight especially when you dont install the phoen options. i have the stock slide to answer option on my phone so i dont really need that on pocketshield.
also there is another program that is like pocketshield but its free. ill see if i can find that one for ya.
also there is a thread somewhere that lists all the lockscreen apps but i cant seem to find it

richards108 09-24-2009 03:03 PM

im using ps right now its a sweet program i like it . just want some securuty code or something. i like to keep my phone secure . my coworkers like to go through my phone when its laying around lol . . and thanks for looking for that lock thread

psycho_maniac 09-24-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richards108 (Post 1190859)
im using ps right now its a sweet program i like it . just want some securuty code or something. i like to keep my phone secure . my coworkers like to go through my phone when its laying around lol . . and thanks for looking for that lock thread

funny thing. i can lay my phone down and my friends dont even know how to use it. when the screen is off (i also have the screen to stay off when the keyboard is slid out) and they think the phone is completly off. also when they finally figure out how to wake the phone up. they just stare at my lock screen because they dont know what to do next. i tell them to give it to me and i unlock it within a milisecond and there like, "what did you do??"

richards108 09-24-2009 04:11 PM

yea i work for verizon so my friends at work are pretty well versed in how to use all cell phones lol