PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TP on VZW Pic Messaging Broke

What Arcsoft version is everyone using and what settings need to be made to the phone to get it to work? I was using Mighty Rom 4.16 and everything was fine and then I noticed that when I started a new text message MMS was gone in the message type. I tried installing the MMS cab again but Nothing has worked. I re-flashed yesterday to Mighty Rom 6 (latest Version) and it still wont work. Can someone post a link to a working MMS file for VZW and any config settings that may or may not need to be made? I'm using a stock Sprint radio if it makes a difference. I also have a full data plan with VZW and I am on the new Friends and Family plan with full unlimited text, pix and flix on all phones. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Sprint TP on VZW Pic Messaging Broke

I am using Arcsoft 5.0.69.44

I install that as one of the first steps after a ROM flash & it has always worked fine for me with no settings changes at all.

I know all the VZ server settings, but you can't even edit then without a reg change & I've never needed to edit them anyway.

~John
Old 08-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I am using Arcsoft 5.0.69.44

I install that as one of the first steps after a ROM flash & it has always worked fine for me with no settings changes at all.

I know all the VZ server settings, but you can't even edit then without a reg change & I've never needed to edit them anyway.

~John
I have two files with that version number you have. One just says Arcsoft and the other says Caulkin Arcsoft. Do you have a link? I called Verizon and even told them what phone I have. They said to dial *228 and option 1 but as you know when I did that it reset the PRL and I had to change it back. Whenever anyone sends me a Pic message VZW sends me a text saying to log in to the VZWpix site from a computer to view them. I also can't send a pic message. Does my Stock Sprint radio have anything to do with it? Do you have a link or could you post the file you use? My next step is to re-install the Rom and load the MMS again.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I re-loaded Mighty Rom 6 and installed Arcsoft VZW 5.0.69.44 and when I try to send a Pic message it says "Error Originator Address Not Found". Has anyone else had this problem? Could it be related to switching from America's Choice to Friends And Family? The VZW Tech said everything was fine on there end. Anymore suggestions?

Last edited by Tech Addiction; 08-09-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I called VZW again and asked them to double check the provisioning on my account so the Teck refreshed the features on my phone and now MMS works.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

SmoothJuice is just getting started

Hey I'm having a little bit of the same problem. I have the caulkin arcsoft one as well on my verizonized Sprint touch pro. However, my direct problem is that I can only send pictures. I cannot seem to receive them. I tried sending them from a friend's phone and it confirms it is sent and received but I get nothing. Any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
solved