PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   audio out of dongle (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78432)

elvis1st 08-08-2009 12:18 AM

audio out of dongle

so up until a couple days a go my normal set up in my van was my TP in it's mount with the dongle plugged in with streaming stereo going to the car radio, all while keeping a charger on it,,, something happened... now whenever I plug my charger into the dongle the audio out goes back to the phone speaker and not the headphone jack of the dongle, the dongle works fine unless i plug in the usb to charge...

tried 3 different dongles, 3 different usb cables and 1 car charger, laptop, desktop, wall charger, no matter as soon as there is power to the dongle, audio out switched back to the phone speaker, oh yeah also hard rest and re flashed...running merdihns ROM

psycho_maniac 08-08-2009 02:42 AM

Re: audio out of dongle

must be a hardware problem. make sure you check your settings because sometimes this phones have a there own personality and decide to change settings on you once in awhile

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 04:22 PM

this is exactly what happens if u use the old mogul dongle...

hook up everything as normal... plug in the stock headset, should start playing through them, unplug them, and it should return the sound back to your speakers..

My TP dongle hasnt done this to me, but i tried to duplicate the same thing with my mogul before i traded it in, and that was exactly what happened.. everytime i plugged it in, it would revert back to the phone...

and this is just a shot in the dark here, but u have tried hooking it all up then turning on the music right?

Jim_in_VA 08-08-2009 04:28 PM

I got a question on that TP dongle. Can you not have it power the phone and use data at the same time? I've been using my old Mogul dongle to this, Seems the TP one only does power and audio - not data, that right?

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 04:33 PM

huh?? the dingles should have nothing to do with your data connection

Jim_in_VA 08-08-2009 04:36 PM

lol - not clear. If I want to power the phone and run ICS tethered at the same time, the TP dongle doesn't seem to work. The old Mogul dongle would do this with no issue.

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 04:40 PM

why would u even need the dongle to run ICS, take your stock HTC charger cord out and use it as the usb cord for ICS... your comp will charge as you go... as long as u keep the device cool enough, it will stay charging

Jim_in_VA 08-08-2009 04:47 PM

I plug it into a router and it drains the battery after a while. Maybe its the router thats not putting out the charge - dunno.

SweetBearCub 08-08-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1089332)
why would u even need the dongle to run ICS, take your stock HTC charger cord out and use it as the usb cord for ICS... your comp will charge as you go... as long as u keep the device cool enough, it will stay charging

As far as keeping the device cool - If you're going to be using it to do something data or GPS intensive (tethering, GPS turn-by-turn nav, etc) and charging at the same time, open the phone. Having the slider open makes it easier to keep the phone cool.

As far as using the stock TP dongle to do power, data (either to/from the PC or 3G), and headphones - It works fine. Just yesterday I took my TP, its USB cable, dongle, and headset to the gym. I plugged the USB cable into the small PC attached to the exercise bike, and then connected the USB cable and headset to the dongle, which I plugged into the TP. The PC came up with an add new hardware wizard, which I canceled. My TP began to charge. I was able to use the YouTube app on the TP to stream music videos (Over 3G/EVDO) to the headset while riding. At no point did it overheat or stop charging.

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 04:51 PM

thats freakin awesome... ive never seen a gym machine with a comp on it ... too funny.. so much for exercising to get away from work LOL