PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   sprint touch pro insurance question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78374)

hannahman 08-07-2009 03:03 PM

sprint touch pro insurance question

i have been reading up on the sprint insurance since my Touch pro got stolen from my car a few weeks ago. just quick question or two
1 are the refurbs as bad as they say they are?
2. is there any alternative to getting a refurb?

thanks in advance for any help guys.. also if this is not in the right section i apologize

ShadowDrake 08-07-2009 03:08 PM

Re: sprint touch pro insurance question

Quote:

Originally Posted by hannahman (Post 1087496)
i have been reading up on the sprint insurance since my Touch pro got stolen from my car a few weeks ago. just quick question or two
1 are the refurbs as bad as they say they are?
2. is there any alternative to getting a refurb?

thanks in advance for any help guys.. also if this is not in the right section i apologize

You may not get a refurb, but since the TP is basically at EOL right now, the chances are pretty high.

Most refurbs are 100% fine, if it's not, complain and they'll send another.

Your only alternative to chancing a refurb is to just buy a new phone, I guess.

htcman724 08-07-2009 04:53 PM

the refurbs are not always bad but goto the store and get it dont let them send it to you tell them you need the phone for work or something if they have one in stock you will get the new one.

drdrewdown 08-07-2009 05:11 PM

i called & had mine replaced thru insurance just 2 weeks ago. the lady said i got lucky, they had run out of the refurbs so i was sent a brand new one in the box with all accessories. maybe you'll get as lucky as i did.

sanjsrik 08-07-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDrake (Post 1087504)
You may not get a refurb, but since the TP is basically at EOL right now, the chances are pretty high.

Most refurbs are 100% fine, if it's not, complain and they'll send another.

Your only alternative to chancing a refurb is to just buy a new phone, I guess.

I'm on refurb #3, they are not all fine. It's just that they make you play the "refurbs are fine" game until they send you a new one.

gutrrob 08-07-2009 10:47 PM

I lost mine on 8/2/09 sunday at a No Doubt concert with my GF and friends, I called monday and recieved it tuesday paid $100 deductable for it. It was a brand new 1 never been used.

ShadowDrake 08-07-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjsrik (Post 1088181)
I'm on refurb #3, they are not all fine. It's just that they make you play the "refurbs are fine" game until they send you a new one.

Your point?

I've had 7 brand new TP's since October, all have failed - even my current one. I've had a total of 3 repairs which didn't require a replacement, additionally. None of the failures have been my fault.

The success rate on brand new ones really isn't any better.

gutrrob 08-07-2009 11:20 PM

7 Thats alot, I'm on my second because I lost my first 1, My GF also has 1 and never has problems with it. Do you drop your phone alot

slvrap1 08-08-2009 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutrrob (Post 1088237)
7 Thats alot, I'm on my second because I lost my first 1, My GF also has 1 and never has problems with it. Do you drop your phone alot

He stated "none were his fault." Ive had three brand new touch pros and my third has had the keyboard replaced twice. I dont think having a new one vs a refurb makes much differance since the build quality is subpar

SweetBearCub 08-08-2009 02:55 AM

I keep reading that TPs are failing at pretty high rates, but am dumbfounded as to why. I have had mine since shortly after it was launched (forget exactly when) and it still works fine. No keyboard hiccups, no cracked chrome, etc.

Can people chime in and maybe enlighten me as to why so many people have failure after failure and others have none? It can't be just down to luck.

Thanks...