PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro used as a modem???? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78239)

olson187 08-06-2009 04:55 PM

Touch Pro used as a modem????

Is this possible? Can i use it as a source for wireless internet?

HBOOT 08-06-2009 05:02 PM

Re: Touch Pro used as a modem????

Yes, look here my friend to start with
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75461
and then look up WIMOWFIROUTER, PDANET if you wish to learn a bit more

http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

tom6433 08-06-2009 10:05 PM

all you have to do is select "internet sharing use phone as modem" when you plug the usb cable into your phone. no 3rd partys apps required. that is assuming you have the pop up window set to open when you plug your phone into a pc. if you are not getting that window you have to change a setting in the connection settings.

psycho_maniac 08-06-2009 11:27 PM

im tethering my phone right now actually. its a little harder for sprint though to do it for free i believe.

tom6433 08-07-2009 05:29 AM

i am on sprint. i am not on a stock rom, so maybe that has something to do with it. i can hardly remember the stock rom at this point.

WarChild 08-08-2009 12:32 PM

Dont think I'll comment but HB knows what Im thinking...lol

HBOOT 08-08-2009 12:34 PM

I Have an idea:scratch::mrgreen:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/customavat...ar173000_3.gif

WarChild 08-08-2009 12:41 PM

Back in my day we had a stickied forum right on the first page that said "Touch Pro Essentials" that had all this kind of info.

HBOOT 08-08-2009 12:57 PM

still here, at times it can be a biotch to find other isht, so we just cut slack:mrgreen:

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 02:37 PM

the TP essentals thread is junk really... if i were a newb again, id give up looking in there too...

WarChild 08-08-2009 02:43 PM

from the looks of it you should just give up all together.

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 1089168)
from the looks of it you should just give up all together.

and thats suppose to mean what exactly???

click on the attachment link on TP essentials, its mostly junk.. weather database cabs(agreed a necc if u use TF3d), like 3 wallpaper on all tabs, something u dont even know what it is from the title... that means the entire thread is links mostly... a tough read for any newbie..

even the TP essential cab thread is weak, 10 files?? wow, dont overload our senses all at once LOL, those 2 should be merged, and cleaned up throughly

WarChild 08-08-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1089192)
and thats suppose to mean what exactly???

click on the attachment link on TP essentials, its mostly junk.. weather database cabs(agreed a necc if u use TF3d), like 3 wallpaper on all tabs, something u dont even know what it is from the title... that means the entire thread is links mostly... a tough read for any newbie..

I was saying to the "OP" he should just give up on searching. Let me know next time you need me to be blatantly obvious and I will oblige.

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 03:12 PM

well hmm, it came directly after my post, which said "id give up too" then u followed it up by saying "you should give up all together"

why wouldnt i think thats was to me?? and most of us once the threads gets a few comments make reference to "OP" so people know the difference..

how bout u act like someone with a 2640 rep level and help people instead of tellin him to give up or making comments to me about how i need to tell u to be more obvious next time..

WarChild 08-08-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1089203)
well hmm, it came directly after my post, which said "id give up too" then u followed it up by saying "you should give up all together"

why wouldnt i think thats was to me?? and most of us once the threads gets a few comments make reference to "OP" so people know the difference..

how bout u act like someone with a 2640 rep level and help people instead of tellin him to give up or making comments to me about how i need to tell u to be more obvious next time..

and who are you to me?

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 1089213)
and who are you to me?

im not anyone to you, that shouldnt matter either... none of us are anything to anyone.. but guess what, we still help each other--well most of the time... i make jokes too in threads man, hell ive even acted inapporpriately in threads myself, who hasnt..

but you did get all sarcastic on me for basically no reason, and as someone whos generally respected on here and has a nice size rep level, maybe you should be a little more encouraging instead of discouraging, that all

WarChild 08-08-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1089231)
im not anyone to you, that shouldnt matter either... none of us are anything to anyone.. but guess what, we still help each other--well most of the time... i make jokes too in threads man, hell ive even acted inapporpriately in threads myself, who hasnt..

but you did get all sarcastic on me for basically no reason, and as someone whos generally respected on here and has a nice size rep level, maybe you should be a little more encouraging instead of discouraging, that all

Well if thats the way it was taken then I apologize, now cant we all just get along. PPPPPPLLLLeeeeAAAssseee???...lol

HBOOT 08-08-2009 03:45 PM

Ok give each other a hug and move on:mrgreen::evil3::toothy10:

WarChild 08-08-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB (Post 1089241)
Ok give each other a hug and move on:mrgreen::evil3::toothy10:

:cussing: ...lol

Jim_in_VA 08-08-2009 03:50 PM

Lol=D>

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 03:53 PM

we're fine.. theres another thread weve both posted in..its all good... no ill will here

HBOOT 08-08-2009 04:11 PM

I was just concerned you may get bored and get another TAT man, and may be Cle gets couple beers and gets behind the wheel...:mrgreen:LOL , Gr8 spirit fellas,:headbang:

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB (Post 1089282)
I was just concerned you may get bored and get another TAT man, and may be Cle gets couple beers and gets behind the wheel...:mrgreen:LOL , Gr8 spirit fellas,:headbang:

that one got me laughing... and actually im lined up for 2 new tats tonight LOL

HBOOT 08-08-2009 04:21 PM

nice man, I got two small tats, one is a chinese letter and another is my daughter name,thank God not her mother, cant afford laser on top of div ....lol... I may go for a third some day and wrap it up. I think we oughta create a tat thread actually, wanna go for it? GeekTats 4 show. How is that?:scratch:

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB (Post 1089296)
nice man, I got two small tats, one is a chinese letter and another is my daughter name,thank God not her mother, cant afford laser on top of div ....lol... I may go for a third some day and wrap it up. I think we oughta create a tat thread actually, wanna go for it? GeekTats 4 show. How is that?:scratch:

run it, ill get in on it... i have 17 right now.. after tonight, if plans go through, ill have 19

HBOOT 08-08-2009 04:30 PM

Dude, we gotta get you to the VIP section man, you almost there, that is where ssss at? I say 19 tats, 3 threads on that+ 4 or five you be close to 700:mrgreen: line your pix up

WarChild 08-08-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB (Post 1089308)
Dude, we gotta get you to the VIP section man, you almost there, that is whee ssss at? I say 19 tast, 3 threads on that+ 4 or five you be close to 700:mrgreen: line your pix up

well he just posted a good thread so im sure hell be here with us soon.

HBOOT 08-08-2009 04:42 PM

Yeah just saw that, indeed a good one.

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 04:44 PM

i messaged COZ to see if i could get it stickied, in a day or 2 that thread will be lost in the shuffle like the rest of em if its not stickied...

guess ill wait and see

HBOOT 08-08-2009 05:05 PM

well hopefully, that and back ups should definitely be stucked up there. At one pint, the back up thread was stuck and then it came unstock,nomsayin:mrgreen:

boredandtattooed 08-08-2009 05:18 PM

ill get there one way or another... ive been working on a True Essentials/Newbie thread... i was kinda waiting for the taggin option to come here... its almost done though.. like the top link in my sig, but way better... that one has gotten me plenty of thanks