PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Ideas to return my Touch Pro to the dealer for a new touch pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77305)

Darrell262 07-30-2009 10:38 PM

Ideas to return my Touch Pro to the dealer for a new touch pro 2

Hi, I just bought my Telus HTC Touch Pro 6 days ago. I ordered it online through Telus and not from a dealer (DAMN!!!)
Today the Touch Pro 2 comes out. I phoned Telus, pleaded with them but they told me theres no way to return the phone, or exchange it.

I was wondering if you guys would have any ideas for me on any loop holes to get the new phone.

A friend said if the phone broke I could send it in for warrenty at a local dealer and then ask to upgrade to a new phone. I dunno if thats gonna work or not?

Plus how would it break? I could install the audio fix for the GSM phone which makes the phone not boot and plead retarted sent it away for warrenty? Unless the dealer was smart enough to hard reset it..?

Ideas?

Mylt1 07-30-2009 10:51 PM

Re: Ideas to return my Touch Pro to the dealer for a new touch pro 2

do they have a 30 day return policy? you need to check into that first. braking a perfectly good phone is just stupid.

HBOOT 07-30-2009 10:56 PM

+1 for that, they gotta have some type of return policy:scratch:
Return Policy
  1. The customer may return the equipment directly to TELUS within 20 days from the date of delivery. No refund or credit on any payments made is available for products returned later than 20 days from the date of delivery.

Darrell262 07-30-2009 11:04 PM

I was on the phone with telus about this. Since I ordered the phone on the phone and they mailed the phone to me direct. Not from a dealer. I can't return the phone.

I.E. I did not buy the phone at a future shop etc. I had telus direct ship it from them. There is a no return policy on phones.

HBOOT 07-30-2009 11:11 PM

I believe you man, however there ay be a solution. You paid via cc right? you can dispute that,and they may work with you. I am not familiar with Telus but will talk to them first, ask for a sup,mgr...escalate

Mylt1 07-30-2009 11:16 PM

i cant believe that buying a phone direct that it isnt covered by the same return policy. call them and tell them your not happy with the phone and you want to exchange it for another.

cktech71 07-30-2009 11:23 PM

Wow I really think you need to fight a little harder with Telus and demand a manager. I never heard of a company not letting you out of a contract within the first 20 days.

NinjaMom 07-30-2009 11:31 PM

Breaking it on purpose is fraud.

And you would mostly likely get a refurbished
pro.

ou2mame 07-31-2009 01:17 AM

with sprint you can buy the phone any way you want as long as its from sprint (not bestbuy or anything) and you've got like 30 days to try it out and then exchange it if you don't like it. i would definitely talk to their retention people or something about this.

xconwayx 07-31-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 1072161)
with sprint you can buy the phone any way you want as long as its from sprint (not bestbuy or anything) and you've got like 30 days to try it out and then exchange it if you don't like it. I would definitely talk to their retention people or something about this.

don't take no for an answer!!!!

jrob 07-31-2009 01:25 AM

that suck (telus)!!! like many of the members have stated, i have never heard of that kind of policy before & if i did, i would cancel my service immediately or threaten to do so!!!

Darrell262 07-31-2009 05:34 AM

Guys, I don't want to break my phone, and I know thats dishonest. I am simply stating what a friend told me I should try. I stated what he said to give you guys a idea what I have heard already.

I am alittle upset with Telus currently. I have loved em in the past, I have had a cell phone since 16 with them. Yes back in the day in high school. I was working at the mill at the time. I know that is common place nowerdays, but My first phone was a Motorola Flip (yes the big phone) I had to have the contract under my dads name because I was too young. Which is why I am so upset. They are giving me a sweet deal on my plan. I told them that I'd be willing to disreguard the savings I am getting, as well as pay an extra fee to make it happen.

I also was so upset tonight that I phoned them back and asked how much it would be to get out of my 3 year contract, and if I can somehow reduce my contract with them by buying the phone out right.

700$ candian to get out of the contract. The lady on the phone told me I need to talk to customer relations or something and that they went home for the night. So am going to call them tommrow and see what I can do.

I am hopeing/routing for you guys to give me sound advice on what I could say tommorow to help me out. I know I havn't been on this forum long, but I have been reading this and xda-developers alot since I bought this new smart phone.

I am 32 now 16-32 crazy

kabuk1 07-31-2009 06:11 AM

Dude, what the hell? You're on day 6 & they won't take it back? If you are within the return period, they HAVE to take it back. Speak to retentions, hang up & call back if you get a jerk rep, escalate, send out EECBs(executive email carpet bombs, fyi), remind them of how long you've been a loyal customer, and if they won't budge spread the story all over the place. Consumerist.com is a good starting point, it's watched by a lot of companies & has a HUGE fanbase. If a company's name is made mud on Consumerist, that company tends to respond pretty quick to resolve the issue.

I hate it when companies try to BS people like this. "We have a 20 day return policy, but we're just not gonna honor it this time." Reminds me of the time I checked a b**** at the Sprint store for telling my ex he had to PAY to have his 10 day old Treo repaired. They will try anything to gouge people who they think don't know any better. If you counter their crap with knowledge of the policies, they will usually shut up & do their jobs. If not...

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

Darrell262 07-31-2009 06:46 AM

I am going to phone again tommorow. I like my Touch Pro, I'd love to own a Touch Pro 2 with the larger screen.

I am gonna bug them some more see if I can get any help. It's really not looking that good for me anymore. The one guy told me theres just nothing he can do because I didn't buy it at a telus store like I stated before.

Theres a note on my file saying I am interested in leaving Telus because of how upset I am over the phone.

kabuk1 07-31-2009 07:22 AM

It shouldn't matter where you bought it though. If you ordered it directly from telus the return policy should still apply, unless there's some wonky canadian law I don't know about.

TheAlienElite 07-31-2009 01:17 PM

Yea dude, the whole thing is pure BS. if the phone was used i might understand. but a brand new one? screw that mojo.

My guess is that youre just not being aggressive enough with them. you really need to raise hell man. When all else fails, tell them how you will spread the word etc. and you have tons of friends that will call & cancel their accounts with Telus for beijg a crap company. Use fear of propaganda to your advantage.

HBOOT 07-31-2009 01:50 PM

sounds like politics:scratch:

GODZSON 07-31-2009 02:10 PM

Just a heads up you may wanna look at my thread.. Touch pro's depending on issues for customers and how many times they've replaced unit for servicing they will soon through the service center be able to request the next model up.. TP2 at no additional cost with TEP/Warranty and no contract add on

levp 07-31-2009 04:15 PM

"20 days" information comes from here:

TELUS http://about.telus.com/images/bc_arrow.gif about TELUS http://about.telus.com/images/bc_arrow.gif terms and conditions http://about.telus.com/images/bc_arrow.gif shipping, delivery and return policy
http://about.telus.com/legal/ship_return.html

"Legal" means legal.:)

So pack everything up (check the site above for things they want), take pictures of everything you packed, make copies of any papers, and send it back via private courier such as FedEx with good insurance (for the full price of the phone).

Enclose a letter stating that "I have purchased the phone on such and such date, don't like the phone, and would like to return it according to Telus Return Policy set forth at http://about.telus.com/legal/ship_return.html" (enclose a copy with relevant paragraph highlighted).
Make a copy of all this as well.

Track the package, and the day after they have received it give them a call "to get a different phone instead of the one I returned to you (that you received yesterday)".

Note that most carriers permit such returns only once, so if you have returned another phone within last 20 days, they may indeed refuse this return.

Darrell262 07-31-2009 09:08 PM

Well I got off the phone. I asked for a manager. Talked to her, told her I am not happy with the phone, I recited the telus website page about return policy, and she said they don't return data phones, of which I said there was no mention of a data phone or not data phone on the website.

She stated that regardless they will not take the phone back. I said the screen is too small, and the touch pro 2 has a larger screen. She told me that they already gave me a discount on my current phone with a 3 year plan and that they can't or won't give me a discount on the other phone returning my phone.

I told her I want to know how much it will cost to cancel my phone 1 year from now because I can't afford or want to pay 700$. And she said she doesn't know and that she will have to transfer me to someone else for that, and then she said I can't believe you would want to cancel your contract with us after being with us since 2003 over a phone issue. I told her I've been with you guys longer then that but under my dads name, and that I am so upset that they can't work this out with me that I am going to take my business else ware.

Then I got transfered to the other lady who told me 480$ plus tax next year (July) and that she will see if there is any way for me to return the phone. After she got back she said theres no way to return a data phone. and I said well thats ok and thank you for your time bye.

GODZSON What is the url of your post

ksg 07-31-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell262 (Post 1074196)
Well I got off the phone. I asked for a manager. Talked to her, told her I am not happy with the phone, I recited the telus website page about return policy, and she said they don't return data phones, of which I said there was no mention of a data phone or not data phone on the website.

Bingo! =D>

Print the current website and take screen captures. Take pictures of everything and box the phone up. Return the phone by some way that has tracking abilities and require a signature that they've received it.

Now, since you've purchased this on-line, I'd assume that you used either American Express, Visa, Mastercard or Discover? File a claim with them. The claim is that according to Telus's return policy you have 20 days to return the phone.

American Express and Discover takes the money out of their merchant account immediately. Vista and Mastercard also have many protections for the buyer.

This seems very cut and dry to me. Something you'll easily win.

Exil3d 07-31-2009 11:33 PM

WOW! And I thought VZN was terrible. Telus is Nazi germany all over again. WTF! Go burn the phone in front of their office. lol

levp 08-01-2009 12:18 AM

+1 on credit card claim (I didn't think it will get this far).

For this to work, though, you have to have a good log of your attempts to contact a merchant and negotiate with them "in good faith".
This means all your calls, dates/times and names of people you spoke to.
The line IMHO should be:

"On 7/97/2009 I decided to purchase HTC Fuse from Telus. I visited Telus' web site at ... and made sure of their return policy (found at ...) that explicitly permits 20 days for any returns.
I proceeded with the purchase and used my <card name> as a payment in full.
3 days after the delivery I discovered a number of serious flaws with the device which would make it impossible for me to continue using it. Therefore, I needed to return the phone to Telus. I inquired by phone to their customer service (800-555-1212) on 7/98/2009 at 11:00AM ET. I spoke to representative named ... who told me that they would not accept a return. No reason was provided.
Subsequently, I verified again that the Telus' return policy (copy attached) explicitly permits the kind of return I was trying to make. On 7/99/2009 at 1:00PM ET I contacted Telus customer support again (at 800-555-1212) and requested to speak with a supervisor (whose name was ...).
She stated again that they would not accept a return, because it is a "data phone". I mentioned that the legal return policy currently in effect does not have these kind of exclusions, but the supervisor on the phone just repeated the denial statement."

Substitute underlined with your specifics.:mrgreen:

Call the card first and tell them all this so that they can advise you on the procedure (where to send a letter to, what to do with the phone, etc.)
Do it now, before 20 days are up, and write down everything.

This should win, unless there is some crazy law on the books in Canada about "no returns on data phones"...

Darrell262 08-01-2009 03:36 AM

http://about.telus.com/legal/terms_conditions.html

Use of Information. You hereby agree that you shall not use any information contained in this Site or the links to this Site in any claims, proceedings, suits or actions against TELUS, its suppliers or affiliates. You may not post, publish, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute information or material on the Site: (a) constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability; (b) which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right or derivative works thereof, without obtaining permission of the copyright holder; (c) otherwise use this Site in a way that is contrary to law or which would adversely impact use of the Site or the Internet by other users including the posting or transmitting of other information or software containing viruses or other disruptive components.

Guys. I think I am going to give up.

It states right on their website that I can't use any info from this website(telus)in a lawsuit to them.

I got another 3 year contract with them to get a discount on the phone which is 650$. I paid 200 plus tax on visa (229$) for the phone. And telus paid the rest. so If I return the phone to them and get my 229$ back I am still connected to a 3 year contract with them with no phone but my old phone I guess. I am sure they won't give me a deal on the new phone which is 650$.

to get out of the contract is 700$ now, and a new phone is 650.

I thank everyone who helped me here.

chaoscreater 08-01-2009 07:28 AM

Hahah I did something similar for my PSP. I bought a PSP on a site called Trademe, it's like Ebay but it's mainly for New Zealanders / Australians. Anyway the PSP was really cheap and it still has warranty, but the screen was scratched, so I bought it and bricked it on purpose so that it doesn't boot at all, and used the warranty to replace for a new one.

I not only got a brand new PSP, but it was limited edition as well, it was a normal white SLIM PSP but the back of the PSP ring is green instead of silver, so i think that's a limited edition......

Anyway I think it might work for u, except that to install the audio fix, don't you have to install HardSPL first?

If you do install HardSPL, then you have to restore to the Stock SPL first, or else they'll know you modified ur fone coz part of the replacement process for a fault is obviously that they send back to the manufacturer to fix the problems first, and if they can't fix it, then they'll replace a new one for you.

I knew that for PSP, it will definitely work for me since I bricked it by deleting the idstorage keys. That basically kills all the information on the PSP, making it not respond to any keys, as well as the power on key. That way, there is no way to recover unless you use this special program which I know SONY won't use since it's part of the PSP hacking community's program....

anyway the point is, for HTC phones, they can definitely find out whether your SPL is stocked or not. If you have modified your phone and have installed custom ROMS, chances are you won't be able to trick them.

boredandtattooed 08-01-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell262 (Post 1074697)

Use of Information. You hereby agree that you shall not use any information contained in this Site or the links to this Site in any claims, proceedings, suits or actions against TELUS, its suppliers or affiliates. You may not post, publish, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute information or material on the Site: (a) constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability; (b) which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right or derivative works thereof, without obtaining permission of the copyright holder; (c) otherwise use this Site in a way that is contrary to law or which would adversely impact use of the Site or the Internet by other users including the posting or transmitting of other information or software containing viruses or other disruptive components.

It states right on their website that I can't use any info from this website(telus)in a lawsuit to them.

I got another 3 year contract with them to get a discount on the phone which is 650$. I paid 200 plus tax on visa (229$) for the phone. And telus paid the rest. so If I return the phone to them and get my 229$ back I am still connected to a 3 year contract with them with no phone but my old phone I guess. I am sure they won't give me a deal on the new phone which is 650$.

to get out of the contract is 700$ now, and a new phone is 650.

I thank everyone who helped me here.

LMAO, thats not even a legally feasible situation... "cant use info from their website in a suit"?? LOL, you cant do that... a website is public domain, especially a terms and conditions part... thats the only place they publically state their policies, which have to be made public to actually be held in court as policies...

dude, i hate to see u give up.... i know their full of crap...im not a telus cust, im sprint, but i am the "king of perks"... if you want Ill take a shot with telus for ya, i love to argue with carrier reps....i always end up with what i wanted when i need to call my carrier...

emd2009 08-01-2009 10:44 AM

wow and I thought Sprint was a ***** to deal with!

HBOOT 08-01-2009 10:45 AM

+1 for dat, let Bored give it a shot:mrgreen:

boredandtattooed 08-01-2009 10:52 AM

and i just thought if something... ive never heard of a carrier, that doesnt accept a telesales exchange or return at the store front... thats technically how your suppose to return your device if your cancelling in the 14-20-30 day(depends on carrier) period...

like if i call sprint and order a NIB anything and never been a cust b4...i get a 30day return policy... if i ordered it from telesales and decide to cancel and say go with ATT, what am i suppose to do with the device? certainly not repackage and ship it back "on my money" its not upto me to pay for it, if im deciding in my "grace period" to not be their customer... sprint would expect me to goto one of their store front and return the device.... as would ATT,VZW, and anyone else i can think of...

...and we could come up with a way to get on the phone without me needing your info...could have you call up, then 3way me after youve given your info so i dont hear it

another edit.... "NO return on DATA phones"????? thats the dumbest excuse ive ever heard, do they even offer a device that DATA isnt offered on??? even a cheap 10dollar flip phone has DATA capabilities.... so are they saying they have no return policy then, period, since every handset can have DATA??? -interesting question and way to look at it

yearn 08-01-2009 10:55 AM

I agree with hb, give bored a go those phone-nazis!!

ksg 08-01-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell262 (Post 1074697)

Law suit? Who said anything about a law suit? ](*,)

You're filing a claim w/ your credit card company like your agreement with your credit card company allows you to do. After you make the claim you just state the facts... the fight is between Telus and your credit card company. At that point you're pretty much out of it. I've won lots of B.S. returns like this. If you allow it, more companies are not going to abide by their own return policies. It makes 'business sense' not to (in some/most cases).

This is why you pay by a CREDIT CARD (and not on-line check, etc.). It gives you consumer protections that you would not otherwise get w/ other methods of payment.

ksg 08-01-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1074947)
I agree with hb, give bored a go those phone-nazis!!

I normally don't do this, but calling telus a bunch of Nazis really trivializes the real travesties of Nazi Germany and the Holocaust. It is offensive to those of us that do have families that were in Eastern Europe at the time.

Can we all quit that?

This is a simple matter for his credit card company to sort out. It sucks that it has to come to that... it sucks that Telus changes their return policies without documentation and notifying their customers.... but that is what credit card disputes are for.

boredandtattooed 08-01-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emd2009 (Post 1074938)
wow and I thought Sprint was a ***** to deal with!

im not saying Sprint isnt difficult sometimes and it doesnt take a hr and a half long phone call, but in the end i always win.. ive got perks up the *** with them
Quote:

Originally Posted by ksg (Post 1075043)
I normally don't do this, but calling telus a bunch of Nazis really trivializes the real travesties of Nazi Germany and the Holocaust. It is offensive to those of us that do have families that were in Eastern Europe at the time.

Can we all quit that?

i feel your sentiment, but he wasnt trying to be offensive in that sort of fashion man.. you obviously havent seen the brand new pics of Roseanne dressed as Hitler taking burnt gingerbread mean out of the oven on a cookie sheet... and it was a Jewish magazine that did it...

yes it was a travesty, but so are alot of things that happened in this world.. the past is the past.. you cant live in it

HBOOT 08-01-2009 01:16 PM

I too understand how you feel man, if I stayed sensitive to these type of issues I would still be drunk/mad/alone whatever. Gotta develop a tough skin, get some emotional strenght and let words be words and we are here to support.:mrgreen:

yearn 08-01-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksg (Post 1075043)

Can we all quit that?

Sorry man, no offense intended.

ksg 08-01-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1075169)
Sorry man, no offense intended.

Dude, we're cool. Just didn't want that phrase repeated in like every other post from there on out. Just because a company screws over their customers doesn't make them Nazis. Genocide, perhaps, but not simple payment/contract/return disputes.

I 'thanked you' in the post. =D&gt;

Ok back on topic ....

Darrell262 08-01-2009 09:46 PM

PMed you with details.

Darrell262 08-01-2009 10:15 PM

If I talk to the credit card company, and tell them to withhold my 229$ don't you guys think that telus would just charge that to my phone bill/account?

ksg 08-01-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darrell262 (Post 1075952)
If I talk to the credit card company, and tell them to withhold my 229$ don't you guys think that telus would just charge that to my phone bill/account?

No, you returned their phone in accordance to their return policy. The contract is done. If they argue, then you can negotiate a new phone out of them, etc.