PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Google Voice!?!?!?!? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76737)

simon21 07-28-2009 08:13 PM

Re: Google Voice!?!?!?!?

does this mean that you have to have a data connection to use GV on your TP? what if you're driving and the data changes to 1X?

psycho_maniac 07-28-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon21 (Post 1066188)
does this mean that you have to have a data connection to use GV on your TP? what if you're driving and the data changes to 1X?

i dont think so. you use your phone your supposed to use 1x when on the phone.

dbord_n 07-28-2009 11:06 PM

i read that on the android, they have an app that will replace even the stock dialer and use only the google voice.

psycho_maniac 07-28-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbord_n (Post 1066694)
i read that on the android, they have an app that will replace even the stock dialer and use only the google voice.

really? i could see using it for international calls as it seems really cheap also i could see prank calling or calling people you dont want to know your original number but i dont think i would use it permanently. i got a number and barley use it right now.

jortiz12885 07-28-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon21 (Post 1066188)

You need a Data plan to connect to your account, then it dials out to your phone number and goes to 1x, you basically just receive an incoming call that needs to be initiated through the dialer, or browser and both need data.

psycho_maniac 07-28-2009 11:49 PM

do you really need data? if you had a computer you could set up your account there and just have the incoming there? i just call my google voice number press 2 and then input the number i wanna call.

Spr0ckEt 07-29-2009 12:05 AM

You dont need data if you use it that way. Data is only required when using one of these apps or dialing from the website.

jeffyv 07-29-2009 12:27 AM

are u guys getting those free business cards u can get with your number?

psycho_maniac 07-29-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffyv (Post 1066921)
are u guys getting those free business cards u can get with your number?

where did you hear or see this?

elephant007 07-29-2009 01:04 AM

Got My Invite Today!

I got an invite to Google Voice today while driving, WOO HOO!!!!
I yeah, HELL YEAH while at a stop light reading my email, I know the people next to me had their window down and looked at me like I was a LOON!!!

Just finished setting it up, I was kinda disappointed because all the numbers I wanted weren't available... oh well, settled for an easy one... ending in my area code, that ought to confuse some people here!