PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint store fixed my keyboard! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75953)

kannaguchio 07-23-2009 04:14 PM

Sprint store fixed my keyboard!

Woo! I am on my second TP as the first one had the dreaded kb problems and it eventually died. Took it to the store which is a 2 minute walk from work, and they got me a brand new unit, which was awesome. Now, only two months later, the kb on that TP was intermittent, and finally died. I dreaded taking it to the store and having them replace it with some crumby refurb from who knows where.

So in I go anyway, after hard reseting and relocking. The rep says it'll be an hour wait and I can just leave my phone there and pick it up when it's ready. I figured they'd tinker and just establish that, yep, it's broken alright! But, they through me for a loop, 'cuz the tech was competent enough to replace my kb, just like he should be qualified to do. I'm only a bit condescending because I've been exposed to some unqualified techs. In any case, the new kb is great. It feels way better than the original one and doesn't have any noticeable lag, which the original one had even with the .cabs and new roms installed. So I'm happy, and just thought I'd say that it's possible to go to the Sprint store and have some good things happen!

~m

rekphiv 07-23-2009 04:32 PM

Re: Sprint store fixed my keyboard!

I would have to say 9 out of 10 techs I have talked to in the sprint store barely seem qualified to turn a screwdriver. My favorite tech experience was when I took in my phone for a KB issue, The tech wiped my device with out backing ANYTHING up, and I was over 100 miles from home with no contacts. I even signed the paper telling them to backup my stuff and he still didn't. Now I backup my contacts at least once a week to my SD card and my computer. Not dealing with that again. 8 Years of contacts GONE in 1 day. lol

RicoRich196 07-23-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rekphiv (Post 1055465)
I would have to say 9 out of 10 techs I have talked to in the sprint store barely seem qualified to turn a screwdriver. My favorite tech experience was when I took in my phone for a KB issue, The tech wiped my device with out backing ANYTHING up, and I was over 100 miles from home with no contacts. I even signed the paper telling them to backup my stuff and he still didn't. Now I backup my contacts at least once a week to my SD card and my computer. Not dealing with that again. 8 Years of contacts GONE in 1 day. lol

I would've raised hell. Also look into Microsoft MyPhone, automatic backup of contacts at designated times and it takes less then 30 seconds to resync my 200+ contacts.

Also to the OP I just got my keyboard fixed yesterday, I too was surprised I didn't get some refurb, except my keyboard feels exactly the same it just works now lol. But I'm not complainin!

NinjaMom 07-23-2009 06:46 PM

I got my keyboard fixed too, but it didn't last. :(

The tech told me that Sprint hires just about anyone to be a "tech". They don't have to have any skills. That is why most will just ship off the phone.

rekphiv 07-23-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicoRich196 (Post 1055764)
I would've raised hell. Also look into Microsoft MyPhone, automatic backup of contacts at designated times and it takes less then 30 seconds to resync my 200+ contacts.

Also to the OP I just got my keyboard fixed yesterday, I too was surprised I didn't get some refurb, except my keyboard feels exactly the same it just works now lol. But I'm not complainin!

Yup using that too now, But the sprint tech wiped my phone maybe 2 months after launch, I was still using the stock sprint rom (NEVER AGAIN llol) so It didnt have the MyPhone then. Myphone is GREAT.

GODZSON 07-23-2009 07:15 PM

Glad they were able to help out OP

Biggnaa20 07-23-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rekphiv (Post 1055915)
Yup using that too now, But the sprint tech wiped my phone maybe 2 months after launch, I was still using the stock sprint rom (NEVER AGAIN llol) so It didnt have the MyPhone then. Myphone is GREAT.

If you have a google account you can sync your contacts and calendar through the exchange server and activesync. Works great for having and OTA backup. an additional bonus is any changes made to google calendar or contacts are on the phone too. No need to change everything on the small screen

cndm101 07-23-2009 10:41 PM

+1 for ms myphone. took my pro in for keb issues last week and got a refurb :/

rekphiv 07-23-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggnaa20 (Post 1056198)
If you have a google account you can sync your contacts and calendar through the exchange server and activesync. Works great for having and OTA backup. an additional bonus is any changes made to google calendar or contacts are on the phone too. No need to change everything on the small screen

How exactly do I do this?

jeffyv 07-24-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaMom (Post 1055866)
I got my keyboard fixed too, but it didn't last. :(

\.

yup it only lasted me 1-2 months and after that they gave me a refurb](*,)

kayfouroh 07-24-2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rekphiv (Post 1056437)
How exactly do I do this?

http://www.google.com/mobile/products/sync.html#p=winmo