PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   how do i flash my touch pro back to sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75396)

term18 07-20-2009 01:07 PM

how do i flash my touch pro back to sprint

i have a touch pro flash to metro i want to go back to sprint and want to know what can i do :(

raidzero 07-20-2009 01:34 PM

Re: how do i flash my touch pro back to sprint

tell sprint you took your device to another carrier and they did something to it to make it work on their network and now you would like to go back to sprint and see what they can do for you. just play dumb. I am not sure what metro does to phones as far as provisioning but you could try flashing the shipped rom + radio back? if that does not work try a sprint provisioning cab?

term18 07-20-2009 01:37 PM

i went to sprint and they told me that wen i flash phone to other conpany they cant help me

DarkLord 07-20-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by term18 (Post 1047206)
i went to sprint and they told me that wen i flash phone to other conpany they cant help me

did you try flashing back to stock rom then flashing back to stock radio (as mentioned in the previous posting)?

raidzero 07-20-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by term18 (Post 1047206)

nice.. in that case you're on your own but there is no better place to be than on this forum. there's a thread on here with the shipped rom I think its a sticky. there is also a thread with radios.

term18 07-20-2009 01:47 PM

ok soo if i flash the stock rom and the stock radio will that take out the flash metro put in

raidzero 07-20-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by term18 (Post 1047235)
ok soo if i flash the stock rom and the stock radio will that take out the flash metro put in

probably. not sure though I have never had a touch pro on metro, but I don't see why not. Also see what metro says its not like they'll whine at you for breaking contract....

DarkLord 07-20-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by term18 (Post 1047235)

you may want to wait until some of the "higher ups" with much more knowledge about this sort of thing comes on later today/tonight. i would try flashing back to original but heck, i'm ot sure if that will fix anything.

slickjestap 07-20-2009 03:35 PM

I'd flash back to sprint stock and stock radio. Tell sprint you want to come back and they won't have a problem since it is their phone. Say you moved back into an area where sprint had better service and you wanted to switch back. It'll work you won't have to even go into the store.

DarkLord 07-20-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickjestap (Post 1047495)
I'd flash back to sprint stock and stock radio. Tell sprint you want to come back and they won't have a problem since it is their phone. Say you moved back into an area where sprint had better service and you wanted to switch back. It'll work you won't have to even go into the store.

i'm thinking the problem would be telling them the phone had been unlocked. how else would he have been able to switch?