PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   New phone nothing but trouble (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75294)

zenofal 07-19-2009 11:02 AM

New phone nothing but trouble

I'm new to this whole flashing thing but I'm pretty good about reading and searching.

I just got a Verizon Touch Pro and I've tried multiple ROMs on it all with the same problem. TouchFlo 3D just keeps restarting. I've tried Juicy 8, latest MightyROM, latest Energy, latest SSS all with the same problem. It'll say tap here to launch touchflo 3d then it'll launch then as soon as I start doing some stuff or sometimes even without doing anything it will crash and restart.

I tried changing the Page Pool on all these images to 8 MB since the verizon phone is a bit crippled. This is driving me nuts! Any help would be appreciated...

dtrush 07-19-2009 11:12 AM

Re: New phone nothing but trouble

I've got a gimped VZW bundle of joy also. I have changed the pagepool to 8mb on each rom I've installed as well. I've had the best luck running Calkulin's roms even though this 004 rom blew up on me last week:( I just reinstalled the same rom yesterday and I'm rolling fine again.
I haven't had any real problems running Touch Flo. Seems to work pretty decent to me. Just make sure you cook your own rom and things should be good if you don't install all the junk.

zenofal 07-19-2009 11:21 AM

So you've had the same TouchFlo restarting problems on other ROMs you tried? I mean it happens as soon as I load my contacts on a brand new reflash. I'm starting to think I got a lemon and maybe I should try replacing it.

Any Verizon users out there using any of these ROMs with no problem:
SSS
Energy
Juicy 8
MightyROM

Thanks!

silentjoker 07-19-2009 12:28 PM

have you tried a fresh flash with a hard reset? Sometimes this clears up some bugs. Also if it happeneds when you load your contacts you might have a bad contact info or somethign. I would try create like 5 fake contacts after the flash see if it works fine most likely it will. Then you know something is wrong with a contact or 2. Depends on how much work you wana put into finding the problem.

Or

You can just give up on TF3D!

zenofal 07-19-2009 12:47 PM

These are all fresh flashes with hard resets. If this is due to a problem with one of my contacts do you think it would happen even if I'm not touching that contact or opening it at the time?

htcman724 07-19-2009 01:06 PM

i dont think so.heres what i would do flash back to stock hard reset then try flashing any rom you want sometimes that will get the bug out .if that doesnt work flash back to stock relock and return it.

Sporkman 07-19-2009 01:23 PM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

dtrush 07-19-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenofal (Post 1045427)
So you've had the same TouchFlo restarting problems on other ROMs you tried? I mean it happens as soon as I load my contacts on a brand new reflash. I'm starting to think I got a lemon and maybe I should try replacing it.

Any Verizon users out there using any of these ROMs with no problem:
SSS
Energy
Juicy 8
MightyROM

Thanks!

I haven't had any Touch Flo restarting problems. I've tried a few other rom's for fun but I always gravitate back to Calkulin's kitchens. They run the fastest for me and I have the least trouble with.
The other roms you've mentioned work good for me but seems to be slower on my VZW ramLESS wonder:)

scrosler 07-19-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenofal (Post 1045408)
I'm new to this whole flashing thing but I'm pretty good about reading and searching.

I just got a Verizon Touch Pro and I've tried multiple ROMs on it all with the same problem. TouchFlo 3D just keeps restarting. I've tried Juicy 8, latest MightyROM, latest Energy, latest SSS all with the same problem. It'll say tap here to launch touchflo 3d then it'll launch then as soon as I start doing some stuff or sometimes even without doing anything it will crash and restart.

I tried changing the Page Pool on all these images to 8 MB since the verizon phone is a bit crippled. This is driving me nuts! Any help would be appreciated...

Well then you found your issue. Your running a ROM designed for another device!

Have you tried my ROM? Tailored for, tested on, released for the VZW Pro. Only kitchen on PPC Geeks or XDA devoted to the VZW Pro.

I can tell you right now.... My manila doesnt do that ;c)

Check me out at SSKUsers.net

CozBoogie 07-20-2009 01:40 PM

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz