PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Using UC to restore TF3D settings (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75031)

custom-software 07-16-2009 09:36 PM

Using UC to restore TF3D settings

Specifically, I'm interested in ways to restore:

* Weather - Cities List
* People - Favorites List
* Apps - Program icon list
* Stocks - Stock list
* Facebook sync - login info
* Youtube sync - login info (not sure this is a TF3D capability, actually on the 6.5 platform)

I've posted similar things before and have been told to copy the pim.vol file for restoring the favorite people list, but I have never had anyone share any technique on the rest of it.

It really is a lot to do to reconfigure this stuff every time -- i don't know how you 3-4x/week flashers keep up with it all!

apristel 07-16-2009 10:48 PM

Re: Using UC to restore TF3D settings

1 Attachment(s)
I'll get the UC info to restore the pim.vol for you, I just did that a few days ago. Hang tight.

EDIT

CPY1:\Storage Card\AutoInstall\pim.vol
CPY2:\pim.vol

Here you will see that I have my pim.vol saved on my card in a folder named "AutoInstall" so depending on where you save it on your card, just replace the "AutoInstall" with the name of your folder. Or just create a folder named AutoInstall on the SD card and this will work without changing it. I'll attach my SDCONFIG.TXT so you can see the rest of what I've got going on.

For the Weather, \Windows\2330fc3c_manila is the file you want to save. You'll see in my SDCONFIG what i've done to restore my weather cities.

Hope this helps you out!

This is on a 6.1 rom, but it should be the same for you if you are running TF3D. I'm not so sure about TF3D2 though.

psycho_maniac 07-17-2009 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custom-software (Post 1040739)
It really is a lot to do to reconfigure this stuff every time -- i don't know how you 3-4x/week flashers keep up with it all!

haha the only thing i do with manilla is which tabs i have. i took out the fav ppl tab and the music tab. all i do for that is disable tf3d and copy a backedup version of that specific manilla file and put it in /windows/

I only have one city on my weather tab.

the only problem is i have troubles remembering what i have set on my programs tab. they have to be in a specific arrangment so i have like gaps here and there on that tab till i remember what all goes where.

supdawg 07-17-2009 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custom-software (Post 1040739)
Specifically, I'm interested in ways to restore:

* Weather - Cities List
* People - Favorites List
* Apps - Program icon list
* Stocks - Stock list
* Facebook sync - login info
* Youtube sync - login info (not sure this is a TF3D capability, actually on the 6.5 platform)

I've posted similar things before and have been told to copy the pim.vol file for restoring the favorite people list, but I have never had anyone share any technique on the rest of it.

Go to this thread here:

There are many examples on how to get UC to configure your weather in TF3d, email, etc....

HTH!

custom-software 07-17-2009 02:37 PM

Thanks so much guys -- i'll post back on my results during my next flash... eyeing the next viable rom candidate!

elephant007 07-17-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by custom-software (Post 1042232)
Thanks so much guys -- i'll post back on my results during my next flash... eyeing the next viable rom candidate!

I have a few posts in there, I have discovered that there are two ways to configure tabs and it all depends on how the tabs are set. You either have an adjusted Manila file or the configuration is set in the registry.

E.G. MightROM4, it's a Manila
EnergyROM is in the registry

Keeping the city configured is simple enough. What I eventually did was made all my registry changes into one simple CAB which I made by doing a compare using CE Reg Editor

I was incorrect, here is where I put the registry discovery for tabs
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1312

custom-software 07-17-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apristel (Post 1040893)
For the Weather, \Windows\2330fc3c_manila is the file you want to save. You'll see in my SDCONFIG what i've done to restore my weather cities.

Hope this helps you out!

This is on a 6.1 rom, but it should be the same for you if you are running TF3D. I'm not so sure about TF3D2 though.

TF3D2 must be using a different file for the weather settings... I do not have this file in my Windows directory.

custom-software 07-17-2009 07:43 PM

From this:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ock#post835774

it looks like the stocks/weather for TF3D2 may all be in the HTC Manila settings in the registry...

custom-software 07-18-2009 12:55 AM

ok, how about google maps login info? I have't found that yet... Also, I can't seemto find anybody restoring their windows live login/password,etc. either. Anybody got ideas on those two?