PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Removing Today Softkey Bottom Bar (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74523)

Green_Saints 07-12-2009 01:26 PM

Removing Today Softkey Bottom Bar

Hi,

I'm using the iPhoneToday plugin that I picked up from XDA, and would like to remove the bottom bar so I can have more icons.

I've tried nuenobar versions 1.3 and 2, dcinobar and vjtodaytoggle and NOTHING works! :scratch: This is what I've had with each program: -

nuenobar (1.3 and 2) - nothing happens!
dcinobar - nothing happens!
vjtodaytoggle - everything moves up the screen (i.e. if there are 4 rows of icons, 2 disappear) and then the phone freezes

](*,)

Any ideas on how to get rid of the bottom bar?

Thanks

darren.wlsn1 07-12-2009 01:32 PM

Re: Removing Today Softkey Bottom Bar

theres a app to change what the softkeys open,(contacts,calander) will that help? http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...-softkeys.html

boredandtattooed 07-12-2009 02:03 PM

are you talking about the 4 icons at the bottom of the screen, not the actual app buttons right? id think if anything, youd have to edit them out of the plugin altogether.. i mean thats just what the iphone looks like... i think point UI has the same deal with default tabs at the bottom too.. without those tabs, youd just have a today screen with an app launcher plugin really...

Green_Saints 07-12-2009 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I need the bottom bar totally removed so I can have more icons. Attached is a picture - where it says "contacts" and "touchflo" thats the bar I want to get rid of.

Green_Saints 07-12-2009 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I want it to look like.

nuenobar works for other TP users (so I gather) but I don't know why it doesn't work for me ](*,)

boredandtattooed 07-12-2009 03:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
u can use UITweeker to black out the lettering and it will appear to have a solid bottom bar... if you notice in yoour 2nd posted pic, the "..." didnt move down any, it doesnt appear it will actually give you more any more room for icons...

youll still get to keep your softkeys this way just wont have to read the lettering..

im curious what makes this an iphone theme?? just that today launcher?? i use a much better option if your really just wanting a home page to look that way... heres a screen shot from 1 of my TPs home screen, i launch like you do, i can fit infinite numbers of icons as well...i can fit 5 rows with 6 icons per row, without needing a scroll bar if i take the calender plug in out.. plus theres more options that that even

Green_Saints 07-14-2009 05:04 PM

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

That screen shot wasn't the best - but I managed to get my bottom bar to disappear. Used NueNoBar and then soft resetted and it was fine! Why it didn't work the other 1000 times, I don't know! :angry7:

Here's the link for the plugin The reason I use it is because TouchFlo was very slow when scrolling (even with the tweaks) and I liked the layout of the programs tab (i.e. all the icons together) but could only fit a few in

I dislike iPhones just like everyone else!

psycho_maniac 07-14-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green_Saints (Post 1035425)
I dislike iPhones just like everyone else!

Then why make your phone look like one and ppl looking at your phone will ASSUME you have an iphone. then you have to explain that its not andt hat you hate iphones

m4f1050 06-19-2010 09:52 AM

nueNoBar (v1.3 nor v2) didn't work for me on a Touch Pro2, neither did dciNoBar. Still looking for a solution to this..