PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Alltel pri questions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74307)

b_harding69 07-10-2009 12:56 AM

Alltel pri questions

what is the alltel pri i have 1.28_011 and the screenshot on the htc website for the new stock rom is a 2.00 and i am wondering how to find that version

psycho_maniac 07-10-2009 01:12 AM

Re: Alltel pri questions

flash to the newest rom for alltel on the htc site.

b_harding69 07-10-2009 01:15 AM

i did that and it stayed the same

psycho_maniac 07-10-2009 01:21 AM

maybe they posted the wrong screenshot? :o

jrodizzkool01 07-10-2009 01:25 AM

http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...0&act=sd&cat=2

psycho_maniac 07-10-2009 01:47 AM

somebody else confirmed that there pri did not change when they flashed to the newest alltel touch pro rom

CUProf 10-10-2009 04:14 PM

I flashed to the new Alltel rom from the HTC site yesterday. My PRI did change to the 2.00_011. I didn't realize this until I tried to update my prl with *228 and it did not work. Manually installed the newest prl and all is good now.

psycho_maniac 10-12-2009 12:20 AM

i think if you flash the rom in bootloader mode it will not change the prI

Rourke Swift 10-12-2009 01:02 AM

Psycho is correct: you need to flash the newer stock ROM through Active Sync, it wont update the pri through bootloader or off the SD card.

psycho_maniac 10-12-2009 03:07 PM

i wish i knew that sooner though. because i would of flashed the 2 phones i have laying around in bootloader because now i may end up using them.

Discostrings 10-12-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1232135)
i wish i knew that sooner though. because i would of flashed the 2 phones i have laying around in bootloader because now i may end up using them.

Is there a reason to avoid the new PRI? I was considering flashing to the new stock ROM to get the new PRI/radio before my next ROM change, as I've heard reports of improved battery life and signal strength. But I don't want to update if there are potential negative consequences.

There's no way to go back to the original PRI/radio after updating, right? Is there any reason I would want to?

razorloves 10-12-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discostrings (Post 1232664)
Is there a reason to avoid the new PRI? I was considering flashing to the new stock ROM to get the new PRI/radio before my next ROM change, as I've heard reports of improved battery life and signal strength. But I don't want to update if there are potential negative consequences.

There's no way to go back to the original PRI/radio after updating, right? Is there any reason I would want to?

there's no reason to avoid the new PRI. If for whatever reason you don't like it, then you can go back to the original PRI, but there's no way to go back to the original alltel radio because it's not available. Also, you can update to the new PRI without flashing the new rom. And if your phone is unlocked, then you can update to the new radio with out flashing the new rom also.

Discostrings 10-12-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1232673)
there's no reason to avoid the new PRI. If for whatever reason you don't like it, then you can go back to the original PRI, but there's no way to go back to the original alltel radio because it's not available. Also, you can update to the new PRI without flashing the new rom. And if your phone is unlocked, then you can update to the new radio with out flashing the new rom also.

Well, I've been using the stock radio for nearly a year, and battery life is almost unimaginably awful when I have a low signal. I think just about any radio has to be better than this. So if I update it at this point, I'm pretty confident I'll never want to go back.

Thanks!

psycho_maniac 10-12-2009 11:16 PM

for some reason my battery has not been the greatest lately and i have been using the same radio/rom for over 4 months.