PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   SMS backup (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74133)

FragileRock 07-08-2009 05:58 PM

SMS backup

somehow through flashing a new rom and trying to get my threaded texts backed up, a lot of the old ones have somehow showed up as having the same sender and receiver when i look at the xml file that jeyo companion has generated. i suspect this is the reason that the older messages do not show up as threaded any more. is there a way that i can edit that xml file somehow to get those older messages to rethread or am i SOL?

FragileRock 07-08-2009 06:40 PM

Re: SMS backup

actually another question too is can you view backed up sms in threaded view on the pc?

boredandtattooed 07-08-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FragileRock (Post 1022955)
actually another question too is can you view backed up sms in threaded view on the pc?

i know if you use dashwire, you can view your backed up everything on the pc.. its all stored to your account online.. you can see your stored pics,mms,sms...emails i think

and im sure theres something you can do about your xml and such.... i dont backup txts, just adds to the lag when u have a bunch anyways.. once their a few days old what do u need them for anyways... are you really gonna spend the time, scrolling up, click older, scroll up, click older, repeat for 35 pages till you find that month old message, thats retarded...

sorry, not sure why i just went off on people who back up txts, my bad, im gonna leave it cuz im sure people will get a kick out it and we'll have some good laughs and flaming LOL..

basilray 07-08-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1023208)
i know if you use dashwire, you can view your backed up everything on the pc.. its all stored to your account online.. you can see your stored pics,mms,sms...emails i think

and im sure theres something you can do about your xml and such.... i dont backup txts, just adds to the lag when u have a bunch anyways.. once their a few days old what do u need them for anyways... are you really gonna spend the time, scrolling up, click older, scroll up, click older, repeat for 35 pages till you find that month old message, thats retarded...

sorry, not sure why i just went off on people who back up txts, my bad, im gonna leave it cuz im sure people will get a kick out it and we'll have some good laughs and flaming LOL..

For real. How many days worth of the girlfriend telling you she's horny, she loves you, she hates you, she loves you, she hates you do you really need?

JK

I capped out my txt upload limit w/ MyPhone and that's when I realized the error of my ways and now unless it's an important text...every time I flash I get rid of them.

guitardoc64 07-08-2009 08:54 PM

I back them up and move the file off to my PC. I don't know why, I just do it. Then I delete everything on my phone and start over.

FragileRock 07-09-2009 06:17 PM

so i'm assuming nobody has a real answer to either question?

codybear 07-09-2009 09:40 PM

copy and past into a word doc.
Or get a pc program to export them into a ".txt" file.
Otherwise you cannot view them otherways I know of backing them up.

I use efficasift Mobile Express v1.5.2
Allows me to write, send, read, delete, etc all my texts while having an activesync connection to my computer.

boinkenn 08-24-2013 01:42 AM

Since I bought "Apolsoft Android SMS Transfer" and use it, no matter how many text messages I have, It can provide me a fast speed for backup. More importantly, It has its own desktop management tools, the ability to import text messages to the desktop management tools to edit, delete, print and other operations, Many free software can not do it and the software is very easy to use. So, I am very optimistic about this software, I hope my review could bring some benefits for you. This is not what the ad! !