PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How to setup and use Activesync? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73903)

Speedy624 07-06-2009 06:40 PM

How to setup and use Activesync?

How do I Sync things to and from my TP? I'm using Vista and Linux and have downloaded Windows Mobile Device Center from Microsofts website, now what do I do? I connect the TP to my PC and nothing happens.

eehrhard 07-06-2009 06:46 PM

Re: How to setup and use Activesync?

Is it doing nothing at all or is it doing the mass storage thing where you can see your card? You need to choose activesync on the phone when you plug it in. If its doing nothing you may try rebooting everything and checking the cable.

A wizard will walk you though your set up once the phone is recognized.

HBOOT 07-06-2009 06:46 PM

What versin wimo device cener did u install? technically it should detect your TP automatically. So once connected and you go to "my computer" do you see your TP storage card, could be F or G drive. To see Tp device memory you gotta make sure you have that selected in TP under settings, connection,usb to pc

Speedy624 07-06-2009 06:53 PM

When I connect my TP to my system it says Sync with Outlook or Use Internet as modem. I don't have a storage card in there atm because it has packed up.

HBOOT 07-06-2009 07:02 PM

settings/connection/usb to pc/Check active sync and try again

Speedy624 07-06-2009 07:14 PM

That is set to ActiveSync (Sync with Outlook), is that meant to be set to Disk Drive? I don't have a card in my TP atm as I'm asking for a replacement but am assuming I'll need that too?

HBOOT 07-06-2009 07:17 PM

disk drive is when u need access to the SD card only(fast). Active Sync is when u need access to TP memory . So u good man, u trying to sync what now, contacts or?

heydjbobby74 07-06-2009 08:36 PM

You have to create the partnership with your PC to your TP. Once that is done, then you can sync to and from your TP. When you first download Active Sync 4.5 (I think that's the latest version) then connect your TP, the active sync program should pretty much guide you through the process. If not, then i recommend calling 'Advanced Tech support" for whatever carrier you have, although most of the time they don't know what they are talking about, usually in this case I find them to be pretty useful. But I haven't had to call them in like 1 year or so, so it may be different now.

Oh and you need to have outlook on your computer, although I don't think you have to actually have it set up. I active sync my TP like 10 times a day. It usually stays connected to my PC.

Good luck man, hope I helped!