PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Help with New Alltel HTC Touch Pro PRL (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73678)

craiggiarc 07-03-2009 10:46 PM

Help with New Alltel HTC Touch Pro PRL

I've just upgraded from an Alltel Moto Q to an Alltel HTC Touch Pro.

On the Q I was able to manually update the PRL from 30042 to 40042 so that I could get on EVDO speeds.

I've searched this site and have seen instructions for Sprint but can't find a solution for Alltel.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Craig

Rourke Swift 07-03-2009 10:49 PM

Re: Help with New Alltel HTC Touch Pro PRL

Took me a bit of searching, but I found it:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65925

diveman 07-04-2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craiggiarc (Post 1013406)
I've just upgraded from an Alltel Moto Q to an Alltel HTC Touch Pro.

On the Q I was able to manually update the PRL from 30042 to 40042 so that I could get on EVDO speeds.

I've searched this site and have seen instructions for Sprint but can't find a solution for Alltel.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Craig

check here bud http://www.the-answerman.com/sidlist/prl/

rune-san 07-04-2009 03:02 AM

Can someone explain this to a newb? When you get the data plan aren't you simply getting the fastest speed that your phone and current location can support?

razorloves 07-04-2009 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rune-san (Post 1013727)
Can someone explain this to a newb? When you get the data plan aren't you simply getting the fastest speed that your phone and current location can support?

Yes.
but
The 400xx series prl's are for air cards, so they are more likely to pick a tower with evdo.

Foots 07-04-2009 04:54 AM

Just do *228 and select option 2. It will give you a prl to Verizon's towers and still show you on a home network, unlike before when the triangle flashed.

razorloves 07-04-2009 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foots (Post 1013826)
Just do *228 and select option 2. It will give you a prl to Verizon's towers and still show you on a home network, unlike before when the triangle flashed.

doing that will only give him the newest 300xx series PRL. He wants to load the 400xx series for the reason i stated in my previous post.

craiggiarc 07-04-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1013832)
doing that will only give him the newest 300xx series PRL. He wants to load the 400xx series for the reason i stated in my previous post.

Thanks razorloves, that's excately what I was looking for, although I didn't realize until now that rA is better than EVDO! I had rA before upgrading the PRL but now I still have it with the updated PRL.

As there are a bunch of Alltel HTC Touch Pro users reading this can I ask a couple of other specific questions about the our phone?

1. Is GPS already unlocked or do I need to do something to the phone? It just never gets a lock on a satalite when I try it via Google Maps.

2. My TP seems sluggish, whould one of the many 'cooked' ROMS on here make it better/faster? If so how do you decide which one to use?

This forum looks like a great resource, just a little intimidating too!

Thanks in advance

Craig

Foots 07-04-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1013832)

30041 is what he'll get and that gives him what he wants. He will be on Verizon's EVDO network. All he wanted was EVDO speeds.

razorloves 07-04-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craiggiarc (Post 1014097)
Thanks razorloves, that's excately what I was looking for, although I didn't realize until now that rA is better than EVDO! I had rA before upgrading the PRL but now I still have it with the updated PRL.

As there are a bunch of Alltel HTC Touch Pro users reading this can I ask a couple of other specific questions about the our phone?

1. Is GPS already unlocked or do I need to do something to the phone? It just never gets a lock on a satalite when I try it via Google Maps.

2. My TP seems sluggish, whould one of the many 'cooked' ROMS on here make it better/faster? If so how do you decide which one to use?

This forum looks like a great resource, just a little intimidating too!

Thanks in advance

Craig

You're welcome man.
1. GPS is already unlocked. You just have to go to Start-Settings-Phone-Services tab, click on Get Settings and turn that ON to enable the GPS. Then use QuickGPS to do an update, then open Google Maps and click menu and Use GPS and it should work.
2. A custom rom will DEFINITELY make your phone faster. It only takes a few minutes to flash a custom rom on your phone, so I suggest just trying them out and see which one you like best.