PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How to keep on screen keyboard from reverting back to full qwerty ? SIP changer ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73636)

jc411911 07-03-2009 04:01 PM

How to keep on screen keyboard from reverting back to full qwerty ? SIP changer ?

Ok this is my problem my on screen keyboard always reverts back to full qwerty but I only want the phone keypad. Happens after I use the hardware keyboard. So i downloaded sip changer but that doesn't work. Full qwerty always comes back after using hardware keyboard. I didn't really want to regedit but i suppose i have to if thats the only way. Any Help? Thanks guys

jdmsleepr 07-03-2009 04:48 PM

Re: How to keep on screen keyboard from reverting back to full qwerty ? SIP changer ?

not sure what you are asking for...are you wanting to keep the SIP from popping up at all or are you trying to get it to be in a different format...let me know so i can help ya out...

cheers!!

jc411911 07-03-2009 08:58 PM

Re: How to keep on screen keyboard from reverting back to full qwerty ? SIP changer ?

ok so my problem is that i want my on screen keyboard to only come up as phone keypad not full qwerrty. even when i change it using sip changer or just the regualr settings after using my hardware keyboard it always comes up as full qwerty. I hope you understand what i mean. Thanks

jdmsleepr 07-03-2009 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thats what i thought you were meaning...i modded this cab for ya and should be what your looking for...

cheers!!

jc411911 07-04-2009 01:25 AM

Um ok I downloaded and installed said my phone had to be reset before i can continue installation i proceeded to do so and no my phone is screwed. Its on but screen is blank and buttons are lit. I cannot see or do anything. soft reset and battery removal do nothing. I am not able to even hard reset without seeing the screen. Any Ideas guess it was a bad cab that bricked my phone ?

BRIVERS73 07-04-2009 01:36 AM

U can still do a hard reset.... take battery out & put it back in & with the device still off hold the power button, vol dwn button & the center (circle) button until a gray screen pops up then follow the directions...

jc411911 07-04-2009 01:57 AM

Yeah I tried that touch pro screen comes on but no splash screen or gray reset screen. Dammit well guess im screwed. I know the screen is on as it is faintly lit and phone is on but thats it.Well as i suppose that cab was not a personal sabotage I suppose it is my fault for trying it.

BRIVERS73 07-04-2009 02:00 AM

Try putting it i boot loader mode & flash to another ROM

jdmsleepr 07-04-2009 09:42 AM

i dont know what to tell you...i tryed it out before i posted it...worked fine on my phone so i posted...sorry for your misfourtune...try a hard reset like brivers73 said...that should get you back...what rom are you running??

jc411911 07-04-2009 01:19 PM

Ok after a few hours of soft resetting i finally got it back running. Hard reset did the trick. No i totally do not blame you for your help. I'm not sure what happened but wondering if i should attempt again. When loading this cab were you prompted to reset device before installation could be completed ? Thanks for the help.