PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Lost stock touch input options after flashing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73491)

degojoe83 07-02-2009 06:29 AM

Lost stock touch input options after flashing

I'm relatively new to the whole unlocking thing, and I just flashed my htc touch pro from verizon with MightyRom5. aside from all the changes, one thing i've noticed so far is that I lost my compact QWERTY input method. anyone know how to get it back?
and also, how do i relock it or go to another type of rom? i tried reverting to the Raphael_VZW_HSPL_035, but after i flashed it with that and checked what rom image it was, the program showed that it was still mightyrom.

vesty16277 07-02-2009 01:02 PM

Re: Lost stock touch input options after flashing

Do a search for "keyboards" and HSPL I don't think is a rom. I think its an unlocker or relocker. I could be completely wrong though. I just leave mine unlocked to go from rom to rom unless I need to take it in for work then you'd want to relock it and flash the original rom.

mikejones13 07-02-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degojoe83 (Post 1010049)
I'm relatively new to the whole unlocking thing, and I just flashed my htc touch pro from verizon with MightyRom5. aside from all the changes, one thing i've noticed so far is that I lost my compact QWERTY input method. anyone know how to get it back?
and also, how do i relock it or go to another type of rom? i tried reverting to the Raphael_VZW_HSPL_035, but after i flashed it with that and checked what rom image it was, the program showed that it was still mightyrom.

I am not sure about the vzw hspl but I am pretty sure you RELOCKED your TP. When it is unlocked on the bootloader it should say SPL-0.37.CMONEX, the keyboard thing you need to install whichever keyboard you want. Mike left those out because ton of people were wanting Different keyboards. Now for the roms...... once your phone is unlocked just pick whichever rom you like and run the update utility with your phone in bootloader mode (reset phone then hold the power button down with the VOLUME button down until the TRI colored screen appears) and connected to your PC. Without the usb cable it should say SERIAL on the bottom of the tri colored screen as soon as you connect your usb cable it will say USB. Hope this helps

boredandtattooed 07-02-2009 03:07 PM

only need to unlock one time ever... you dont have to relock, unlock, to flash again... once unlocked, your good to go permantely....unless you relock, only need that for getting ur device serviced

degojoe83 07-04-2009 05:13 AM

awesome after a few LATE nights I'm figuring it out thanks :-)

degojoe83 07-04-2009 05:27 AM

where can i download new keyboard input methods, I kinda liked the compact qwerty, anyone know where i can redownload it?