PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Saying Hi and asking a dumb question... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71900)

alexdevlin 06-16-2009 11:04 PM

Saying Hi and asking a dumb question...

Hey all,

Just joined and wanted to say hi.

Liking my new Touch Pro but trying to not compare it to my iPhone... :-)

I used to have a windows mobile device years ago and my job supplies a phone so I bought the Touch Pro and I'm slowly getting back into tweaking it.

I have one question that I couldn't find anywhere on the forum, but I may have missed it so please forgive me and point me to the right spot if I have.

Is there a way to get images to automatically load in gmail on my phone? I've set it up as an email account but windows always makes me tap the link/security warning at the top of the email to get the images. I'm looking through the registry to see if there is anything in there I can adjust but some pointers to if it can be done would be nice if anyone has any.

Alex Devlin

HBOOT 06-16-2009 11:16 PM

Re: Saying Hi and asking a dumb question...

welcome Alex, try to alter settings for your gmail to dowlaod the entire email not 2k or 50K under "dowload size settings"

ahawke01 06-17-2009 12:09 AM

Welcome to the site!!!

regression 06-17-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 979568)
welcome Alex, try to alter settings for your gmail to dowlaod the entire email not 2k or 50K under "dowload size settings"

I have that set on my (download entire message) but I still get the warning message. It would be nice not to have to click "Download Images" each time....

madcook 06-17-2009 08:35 AM

welcome

rstoyguy 06-17-2009 08:37 AM

Welcome, and everyone is still asking that question.... :) Can't be done yet with the standard mail client (poutlook) in winmobile... You might search the software forum and find an alternative client.

gimme5 06-17-2009 11:40 AM

Like rstoyguy said, it can't be done. I've tried everything too.

HBOOT 06-17-2009 11:59 AM

used flexmail for a lil while and gave up on it, i may give it another go and see if there is any option for that...

GhettoBSD 06-17-2009 12:25 PM

I love flexmail, because you can specify how to download emails/headers and folders!

So you could specify load entire message, and everything in the email will be dl and displayed.

you could specify a KB limit or headers only...

If you use classic WM home then you can integrate their latest version into it.

Also, it supports multiple emails, imap, pop and everything else!

acousticsoulfish 06-17-2009 12:29 PM

Welcome to the community !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drunken: