PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Update PRL & Update Profile - Error 1012 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71522)

appzattak 06-12-2009 09:37 PM

Update PRL & Update Profile - Error 1012

When I try and run either Update PRL or Update Profile, I always get this:
Quote:

the profile (PRL) update coudl not be completed. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Service.

Error Code: 1012.
It's done this on every rom i've tried, currently using Energy 3. Anyone run across this?

ProtoProtoss 06-12-2009 10:04 PM

Re: Update PRL & Update Profile - Error 1012

yep, every now and then. Just soft reset, then soon as it boots, go immediately to it and it should work. at least that's what fixes it for me.

rlmentz 06-12-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appzattak (Post 971876)

It's done this on every rom i've tried, currently using Energy 3. Anyone run across this?

Is your tp synced with the computer or on a wifi connection? I always get that error unless I let it use the sprint data network.

appzattak 06-12-2009 10:54 PM

always on the sprint network. I think I really hosed it now. I was poking around and under settings then connections, i found a update pri...so I clicked it and it did some stuff, then soft resetted. Now I cannot access data, I keep getting error 67 registration failure, user name and or password may be incorrect.....I even re-installed the dcd carrier cab to no avail...anyone?

vesty16277 06-14-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appzattak (Post 971995)
always on the sprint network. I think I really hosed it now. I was poking around and under settings then connections, i found a update pri...so I clicked it and it did some stuff, then soft resetted. Now I cannot access data, I keep getting error 67 registration failure, user name and or password may be incorrect.....I even re-installed the dcd carrier cab to no avail...anyone?

Call sprint. If you have an old phone reactivate it and then tell them to reactivate you're touch pro. This should fix it for you. They have to reset some profile on thier end. It's such a ***** because no other trouble shooting they offer really works.

You may be able to use the online activation process as well. Try that first if you have an old phone lying around. Save you the hassle of Tech Support.

Hypnotic2010 06-14-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by appzattak (Post 971876)

This has been a problem after the update PRI option is pressed. This also probably changed your MSL code, so if you call Sprint they will try to make you enter the MSL they have on file and it wont work. So get your MSL using BAFMSL, And follow these directions:

THIS IS FOR SPRINT Touch Pro's as far as i know...i have not tested this for any other carrier or phone so use at your own risk...

edit: tested on the touch diamond...confirmed working!

first things first dont click on the Update PRI Button under Settings>Connections

save yourself the trouble

but if you have this is the tested method to get you back and running...it does require a hard reset so make sure to backup your data first

use the software in this link. Make sure you have CF 3.5 first (shouldnt be a problem for people on custom roms i know Juicy and Mighty's ROMS have it cooked in)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43560 (needs CF 3.5)

install the program (and cf 3.5 if needed)

put your phone into airplane mode run the software. Write down your msl

go to your dialpad and type ##786#, click menu and select Reset. enter in the MSL...you will hard reset...

LET THE PHONE SELF PROGRAM!

confirm your net works...RESTART

if you need the ## codes that are reinstalled by using DCD carrier cab installed dcd carrier cab...RESTART... navigate to windows/PPST.exe and delete that file

RESTART..confirm your net still works...The option to update the pri is still there but pressing it will do nothing...

Test your ## codes by going back to your dialpad and either pressing ##786# or ##3282#

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64718

Rento_VW 06-28-2009 03:32 PM

If Hard Reset is the definitive way to fix this... What are downsides to just leaving it as it is? I've had this problem for like a month now and just let it go... I can still access the internet and everything as long as my roaming is set to AUtomatic. However, its always been that way since my first TP.

Rafy0003 06-28-2009 08:40 PM

Actually for people having this issue if you know your Msl press ##786# enter your Msl as your code and then reset all of the settings, This resets all of the Data and voice settings, If you dont know it then you call me (Sprint) and get transferred to Tech, They can assist you with this. Tell them to refresh Sps, Oma and Chlr. This should fix them all.

Rento_VW 06-29-2009 03:07 AM

WHere would you enter your MSL and how does one obtain that again?

PS. Doesn'y hitting reset hard reset your phone? I remember a rep beinging me to that screen (and i;ve used it for build date info as well in the past)... But yeah I don't remember...

SimianJones 06-30-2009 10:04 AM

##786# isn't doing anything for me.

let me be more clear: I have had trouble getting internet services to work on my pro lately. I was running Mighty after i had a bug with Groove. Mighty was fine, but started failing to connect to the internet. I thought I would try another rom so I flashed Energy and still no internet. Currently on Energy, found this thread and got BAF to get my MSL. I have my MSL. I tried ##786# and the phone did nothing, acted like it was just another phone number. (I used to sell and set up Sprint phones, so I know that this code should shift the phone into another mode)

I am flashing back to the Stock ROM to see if I can resolve the internet connection issue.

If anyone has thought, I sure wouldn't mind. thanks.

haus 06-30-2009 03:13 PM

This happened to me after flashing a few roms. I flashed back to stock, called in & the tech and I tried a few things in the data settings, still got error 1012 and 67. So we did the ##786# (it should work on stock ROM), complete hard reset and "out of box" wipe. Then the Sprint system was able to successfully program my phone and I haven't had a problem since.

jthomas8946 07-03-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 (Post 975163)
This has been a problem after the update PRI option is pressed. This also probably changed your MSL code, so if you call Sprint they will try to make you enter the MSL they have on file and it wont work. So get your MSL using BAFMSL, And follow these directions:

THIS IS FOR SPRINT Touch Pro's as far as i know...i have not tested this for any other carrier or phone so use at your own risk...

edit: tested on the touch diamond...confirmed working!

first things first dont click on the Update PRI Button under Settings>Connections

save yourself the trouble

but if you have this is the tested method to get you back and running...it does require a hard reset so make sure to backup your data first

use the software in this link. Make sure you have CF 3.5 first (shouldnt be a problem for people on custom roms i know Juicy and Mighty's ROMS have it cooked in)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43560 (needs CF 3.5)

install the program (and cf 3.5 if needed)

put your phone into airplane mode run the software. Write down your msl

go to your dialpad and type ##786#, click menu and select Reset. enter in the MSL...you will hard reset...

LET THE PHONE SELF PROGRAM!

confirm your net works...RESTART

if you need the ## codes that are reinstalled by using DCD carrier cab installed dcd carrier cab...RESTART... navigate to windows/PPST.exe and delete that file

RESTART..confirm your net still works...The option to update the pri is still there but pressing it will do nothing...

Test your ## codes by going back to your dialpad and either pressing ##786# or ##3282#

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64718

This worked for me. Thanks for posting this!

zer0-1ne 07-08-2009 07:28 AM

heres what you do worked on mine when i flashed. start-> settings. connections tab.. connections icon. add new modem connection name it sprint or whatever you want doesnt matter. Then it will take you to enter number exactly as it should be dialed you put there #777 then it will take you to another screen user name password domain. in the username box type in your phone number (example: 2223334444) for password and domain leave them blank click finished. you should be able to connect afterwards if a box pops up put in password just tick the box remember password but leave the password box empty along with the domain box. =D>

zer0-1ne 07-08-2009 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimianJones (Post 1005693)
##786# isn't doing anything for me.

let me be more clear: I have had trouble getting internet services to work on my pro lately. I was running Mighty after i had a bug with Groove. Mighty was fine, but started failing to connect to the internet. I thought I would try another rom so I flashed Energy and still no internet. Currently on Energy, found this thread and got BAF to get my MSL. I have my MSL. I tried ##786# and the phone did nothing, acted like it was just another phone number. (I used to sell and set up Sprint phones, so I know that this code should shift the phone into another mode)

I am flashing back to the Stock ROM to see if I can resolve the internet connection issue.

If anyone has thought, I sure wouldn't mind. thanks.

tell me if it worked

shokher99 07-23-2009 02:19 AM

i tried all of these and so far i have a nice rom on a touch pro with no communication, data or voice.

Hypnotic2010 07-23-2009 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shokher99 (Post 1054162)
i tried all of these and so far i have a nice rom on a touch pro with no communication, data or voice.

Go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...306#post979306

Should be all the stuff you need.

ProtoProtoss 08-11-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafy0003 (Post 1002800)
Tell them to refresh Sps, Oma and Chlr. This should fix them all.

what are these?

neudof 10-16-2009 01:55 AM

I get error 1021 whenever I try to update the profile, but I am able to update the PRL without any issues... I am also not able to run the Windows update

dschoenike 10-16-2009 10:16 AM

I clicked the "update PRI" icon last week, and it totally cleared all info on my phone (all user stuff) It got wiped so bad, that sprint couldnt fix it either by phone or in the store. The phone wouldnt accept any MSL code. They had to order me a new one. Im never going near the nasty icon ever again.
dschoenike

Hypnotic2010 10-16-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dschoenike (Post 1240170)
I clicked the "update PRI" icon last week, and it totally cleared all info on my phone (all user stuff) It got wiped so bad, that sprint couldnt fix it either by phone or in the store. The phone wouldnt accept any MSL code. They had to order me a new one. Im never going near the nasty icon ever again.
dschoenike

For future reference, £hen you hit update Pri and it clears the MSL on you, you can get the new one using BafMsl, then go to the ##pri menu and click options, reset factory defaultss. This will fix the problem and restore your original MSL code. Happened to me before too.

dschoenike 10-16-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 (Post 1240257)
For future reference, £hen you hit update Pri and it clears the MSL on you, you can get the new one using BafMsl, then go to the ##pri menu and click options, reset factory defaultss. This will fix the problem and restore your original MSL code. Happened to me before too.

Really? Wish i woulda known that, thanks. :) Whats weird though is that everything was gone. You know when you go to ##3282#, all the items there were blank. On the phone with sprint they tried giving me 3 msl numbers to try, and none worked. Even at the store, the tech said he never saw that happen before, and started gutting the phone for parts (saying it was unfixable) Not that what they say holds much weight, same tech said TP2 had twice the processor speed of TP1 :)
dschoenike

razorloves 10-16-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dschoenike (Post 1240413)
Really? Wish i woulda known that, thanks. :) Whats weird though is that everything was gone. You know when you go to ##3282#, all the items there were blank. On the phone with sprint they tried giving me 3 msl numbers to try, and none worked. Even at the store, the tech said he never saw that happen before, and started gutting the phone for parts (saying it was unfixable) Not that what they say holds much weight, same tech said TP2 had twice the processor speed of TP1 :)
dschoenike

yea...there's a thread that's been floating around here for several months with people that did the pri update and their phone was JACKED UP...just like yours. And the fix was to do what hypnotic said. It was reported to only happen with people that had an old dcd carrier cab installed. That old carrier cab had the PRI from the Mogul, and when you did the PRI Update it would go bonkers.

EDIT: here the link to that thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64718

dschoenike 10-16-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1240443)
yea...there's a thread that's been floating around here for several months with people that did the pri update and their phone was JACKED UP...just like yours. And the fix was to do what hypnotic said. It was reported to only happen with people that had an old dcd carrier cab installed. That old carrier cab had the PRI from the Mogul, and when you did the PRI Update it would go bonkers.

EDIT: here the link to that thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64718

That was 100% my problem. dcd carrier cab!!! unreal. super big thanks for posting that info.
dschoenike

jfoster38122 10-30-2009 09:04 PM

I had the same problem. Thanx zer0-1ne your suggestion worked !!!!!

mastahc411 11-02-2009 09:00 PM

The problem is the dcd Sprint carrier file dated 20090109. The update pri on that one changes your msl, and replaces your vision user id with the phone as modem id, among other things. I did this the first time and brought it to sprint and they replaced it. The night I got my new one I found the thread on how to fix it. I also saw the thread that sprint was replacing the tp with tp2. :mrgreen: So Ive ran pri update and brought it back to sprint to get "repaired" three times now, but unfortunately, the tp1s are in stock. At least now I have a sure fire way to get a tp2 once the tp1 stock is depleted.

revops 11-07-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jthomas8946 (Post 1012890)
This worked for me. Thanks for posting this!

Thanks, just switched from the GSM tp to Sprint's, its like a whole new monster but now my data is fixed.

killac93 12-16-2009 02:17 PM

I have the same issue coming from GSM to Sprint. Care to share what you did to fix your issue.

JensHTC 03-28-2010 12:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this board. I read some of the posts regarding the PRL and Profile not updating with Sprint phones after a new custom rom was installed. I had the same problem a few days ago after I flashed my phone. I did everything to try to get the phone to update, nothing worked. I finally found a fix that nobody would even think of. I installed an application called PhonEx by Iconsoft. I rebooted the phone, bam, the updates worked. I was able to update the PRL and my Profile with no problems. I am not trying to sell the application. If you try it, you have a 14 day trial period. I think once the application has fixed the PRL and Profile Update issue, you can uninstall it. I decided to buy it but that is my own preference. I am not telling you what to do. All I know is it fixed my problem. Try it out and let me know if this helps you fix your phone. Best of luck...Jen Link - http://www.iconsoft.com/

paddelingbear 05-21-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vesty16277 (Post 974383)
Call sprint. If you have an old phone reactivate it and then tell them to reactivate you're touch pro. This should fix it for you. They have to reset some profile on thier end. It's such a ***** because no other trouble shooting they offer really works.

You may be able to use the online activation process as well. Try that first if you have an old phone lying around. Save you the hassle of Tech Support.

I can't thank you enough.=D>
I had my HTC SNAP S511 stolen:protest: while attending a foreign culture even at college. Because of this I had to call, restrict the phone. I used the insurance from Sprint to replace it. However, after activating online I got one error after another.

I wanted to fix it without having to call Sprint. I'm deaf and calling on a VCO(Voice Carry Over) is a pain because many of Sprint Tech Support is impaitent with me, don't have enough time to read what they are saying and before I can say anything I get hung up on.

:headbang:Your so right about having to have Sprint re-set it on thier end. At least I got a nice person who was paitent. I'm on a data plan only, so the young lady had to call my phone to make sure its working.

I hope the person who stole my phone was thrilled with themselves since they couldn't make any out going calls.:banghead:

jpwhre 05-22-2010 05:54 PM

it used to work on other stock sprint rom phones, but no more. Might be in bad area, net speed is slow.

Ray-O 11-04-2010 01:52 AM

whether you are with Sprint or Boost and have a dual radio tp2 what you need to do is go to epst ##786#Reverse Logistics Support and do a hard reset itwill ask you if you want to restore to factory defalts..click ok restart and provisionng will start to prog the data connection.. its that simple ... havent tried mod or custom roms yet but i say dont rock the boat!!!!!

cheetob93 05-10-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProtoProtoss (Post 971916)
yep, every now and then. Just soft reset, then soon as it boots, go immediately to it and it should work. at least that's what fixes it for me.

This fixed it for me too!!! Thanks!