PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   touch pro with bad keyboard (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71517)

derrickmd18 06-12-2009 08:37 PM

touch pro with bad keyboard

im getting a touch pro with a bad keyboard. wanted to know if i can get it activated on sprint and take it into a store the next day aand say the keyboard stopped working and get it repaired or replaced?. can i activate it with a bad keyboard? can i get it repaired or replaced the next day? whats the general time for you guys to get it repaired or replaced?

Dr.8820 06-12-2009 09:07 PM

Re: touch pro with bad keyboard

well, it's a little shady what you're trying to do but i won't be the moral police. as far as i know, you'll be stuck with that faulty keyboard for at least 30 days from whenever you activate it because tep knows this trick. good luck soldier.

derrickmd18 06-12-2009 11:25 PM

its actually not they screwed me out of a lot of money. took money out of my account for txt messages and data usage when its free on my service. they took 300 out of my account when my service is 65 bucks then they wouldn't refund me only give me credit and wouldn't let me cancel my contact with out paying 250 bucks fee and they would pay my over draft fee. so yea i have no bad feeling doing it.

yearn 06-12-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derrickmd18 (Post 972066)
its actually not they screwed me out of a lot of money. took money out of my account for txt messages and data usage when its free on my service. they took 300 out of my account when my service is 65 bucks then they wouldn't refund me only give me credit and wouldn't let me cancel my contact with out paying 250 bucks fee and they would pay my over draft fee. so yea i have no bad feeling doing it.

Id just get it activated and sign up for the insurance, then wait 30 days or so then file a claim. But yes it is pretty shady.

Also I got 2 buddies with touch pros and unless their sitting down texting with both hands free the never use the hardware keyboard.

NinjaMom 06-13-2009 05:36 AM

You may feel justified in doing it, but it still
isn't right.

You will have to wait the 30 days...but you will
find that you don't need the hardware keyboard
much.

Dr.8820 06-13-2009 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derrickmd18 (Post 972066)

that's all fine and dandy but you do realize that the deducable went up because of stunts like this and now everyone has to suffer.

derrickmd18 06-13-2009 07:19 AM

yea. taking the high road and kicking out 50 bucks extra for one with a working keyboard and all. but if it has ****ty battery life or anything im filing a claim and either getting a extra battery or *****ing until they get me in the tp2

rushco 06-13-2009 09:25 AM

$100 is only for physical damage or water damage. As long as you take semi good care of your phone you will never need to pay $100.

cellboothmgr 06-13-2009 10:12 AM

assuming you have sprint, you wont have to wait the 30days either if you find the right repair center. i worked for an indirect sprint dealer and our store was an authorized repair center. if you brought that phone to us and had TEP and there was no water damage or a smashed LCD we would get an advanced exchange ordered because we get paid on doing it. if we had an extra keyboard for it laying around we would have tried to fix it because we make more money doing that. if the first place doenst do it for you, just try the next one, there are probably several in your area just go to sprintdotcom and do a search for repair centers.

celsius0010 06-13-2009 12:25 PM

Unless he magically has a touch pro that is over a year old and is not covered by warranty there is nothing wrong or immoral about this. Now if sprint changed their policy and forced all hardware issues during the first year thru htc than yea this might be wrong technically. But since they dont and the phone isnt a year old he doesnt need previous insurance or to be the original owner to get a new phone. If sprint asked for the original receipt to prove it wasnt stolen that would be fine but since the esn is good its obviously not stolen.