PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Is it possible to FULLY DELETE Touchflo 3D from a stock ROM? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71292)

JoJoCal19 06-10-2009 03:33 PM

Is it possible to FULLY DELETE Touchflo 3D from a stock ROM?

I am wondering if its possible through registry hacking or some other backdoor way (other than using a kitchen) to fully delete Touchflo 3D from a stock ROM, Verizon specifically but any stock ROM really?

You cant use remove programs to remove it so Im wondering if there is another way.

jmy72 06-10-2009 05:04 PM

Re: Is it possible to FULLY DELETE Touchflo 3D from a stock ROM?

anything is possible thru total commander and deleting manila files, but your phone may not work properly afterwards. I would think it would be easier to download a ROM without Touchflo, or just uncheck TouchFLo all together so that you use regular WM

zepsamsung 06-10-2009 05:42 PM

Why not just go to items and uncheck it?

p-slim 06-10-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 (Post 966972)
I am wondering if its possible through registry hacking or some other backdoor way (other than using a kitchen) to fully delete Touchflo 3D from a stock ROM, Verizon specifically but any stock ROM really?

You cant use remove programs to remove it so Im wondering if there is another way.

i guess its possible, but technically it would take you forever and it would be pretty impossible to complete without messing up, but anything is possible. The only true way to do what you are trying to do is by building your own rom.

JoJoCal19 06-10-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zepsamsung (Post 967249)
Why not just go to items and uncheck it?

Not disable, delete. I already uncheck it because I like Today Screen. I just want to delete it and free up memory.

mlin 06-10-2009 06:51 PM

Just find and delete all associated files from the windows folder and then remove the registry entry so it no longer shows up in your today screen options. I don't know if this will completely remove EVERYTHING, but its should free up some memory. be sure to back up before attempting this though just in case you botch something up.

Quick question though, the TP has plenty of storage memory why the desire to delete it? I have a Diamond also which is severely lacking on memory and saving memory is a concern, but with the TP there is so much that I dont even bother. That's me anyways.

BTW, if its unchecked from the today screen, it won't use program memory if that is where you are trying to conserve...

ou2mame 06-10-2009 07:04 PM

if you delete rom files, won't they just reappear when you restart the device? thats what i did when i messed up a few files while customizing it before i switched to 6.5.

p-slim 06-10-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 967379)
Just find and delete all associated files from the windows folder and then remove the registry entry so it no longer shows up in your today screen options. I don't know if this will completely remove EVERYTHING, but its should free up some memory. be sure to back up before attempting this though just in case you botch something up.

Quick question though, the TP has plenty of storage memory why the desire to delete it? I have a Diamond also which is severely lacking on memory and saving memory is a concern, but with the TP there is so much that I dont even bother. That's me anyways.

BTW, if its unchecked from the today screen, it won't use program memory if that is where you are trying to conserve...

i know one problem by having tf3d installed, it takes forever to open up the windows file. you click it, then wait awhile for the window to open up, i run 6.5 with no tf3d and when i click windows it opens almost instantly.

mlin 06-10-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 967399)
if you delete rom files, won't they just reappear when you restart the device? thats what i did when i messed up a few files while customizing it before i switched to 6.5.

Good point, I guess I overlooked that aspect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 967404)
i know one problem by having tf3d installed, it takes forever to open up the windows file. you click it, then wait awhile for the window to open up, i run 6.5 with no tf3d and when i click windows it opens almost instantly.

True. I wonder why HTC didn't install all the manila files to its own folder in the windows directory. :scratch: