PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TouchFLO not loading all the time (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70326)

regression 06-01-2009 10:10 AM

TouchFLO not loading all the time

Has anyone had a problem where you exit out of a program or press the Home key while in a program and the TF3D doesn't appear? Sometimes (happening more and more, it seems) when I exit an app, the title bar (I think that is what you call it) returns to how it looks when you are at the home screen. In other words, it has the Start button, the normal icons (signal / battery) and the drop down to show running apps. But, the main part of the screen still shows the last app I was in. Of course I can't click on anything on the screen as it is "frozen". I have to go to Start --> Settings --> Today, turn off TouchFLO, click OK, then go back and turn TouchFLO back on.

I have flashed to a custom ROM (Mighty 4.6), but the problem is still there. It has happened with the stock ROM and Mighty.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

southphillysean 06-01-2009 10:25 AM

Re: TouchFLO not loading all the time

after you flashed mighty did you hard reset your device?

regression 06-01-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southphillysean (Post 947806)
after you flashed mighty did you hard reset your device?

Yes, I did a hard reset after flashing. I will probably try Might 5 (which I think is Windows 6.5) sometime this week. I'll see if the problem appears then also. I was just wondering if someone else was experiencing the same problem.

NOhara24 06-01-2009 12:49 PM

Yeah, i'm on the stock ROM and the same thing will happen to me. I'll get the today screen briefly and then TF3D will show up.

speck 06-01-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOhara24 (Post 948068)
Yeah, i'm on the stock ROM and the same thing will happen to me. I'll get the today screen briefly and then TF3D will show up.

Same here. The today screen will display for 3-5 seconds before TF3D re-drawing. I haven't had it freeze completely (at least not for this case :))

afx 06-01-2009 04:39 PM

My phone did the same thing with a stock rom right before it started degrading into a slower-than mogul mess even after hard rest. I was eventually forced to get a new phone through TEP

regression 06-01-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afx (Post 948504)
My phone did the same thing with a stock rom right before it started degrading into a slower-than mogul mess even after hard rest. I was eventually forced to get a new phone through TEP

Uh oh, hopefully that doesn't happen to mine. Just out of curiosity, when you use TEP, did you get it for free since it was a "hardware" problem and not like you loosing the phone or dropping it in water.