PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Getting Alot Of CProg.exe Errors (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70321)

deadwrong03 06-01-2009 09:24 AM

Getting Alot Of CProg.exe Errors

I just hard reset my phone a couple days ago so its like starting all over again and im noticing out of no where im getting alot of these errors sometimes is there anyway to fix this or trace whats causing this error?? what causes this error? its frustrating because like i said im basically fresh off of a hard reset

elmerfudpucker 06-01-2009 09:58 AM

Re: Getting Alot Of CProg.exe Errors

Sounds like you may have to hard reset again, you was at a full charge last time?

haus 06-01-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadwrong03 (Post 947714)
im basically fresh off of a hard reset

Can you define "basically"?

Edit: edited slightly for clarity. How far from a hard reset state are you - what programs installed?

Hypnotic2010 06-01-2009 11:32 AM

I found this possible fix if you wanna try it, but not sure,

The solution is very simple, but it is not documented!!! cprog.exe is located in \Windows folder on your device. Create another application, with the same name "cprog.exe" (eVC or NETCF - simply "Hello world" for example) and put it in the root folder "\". Make a soft reset of your device and the system will run your new executable"\cprog.exe" instead of "\Windows\cprog.exe". This works on MDA3 (WM2003SE). If you want to remove your cprg.exe is necessary to hard reset the device.

deadwrong03 06-01-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haus (Post 947897)
Can you define "basically"?

Edit: edited slightly for clarity. How far from a hard reset state are you - what programs installed?

basically meaning like 1 or 2 days off of a hard reset

i only had the usual stuff installed....netframework, winrar pocketpc, advance config, youtube, palringo, manilla customizer, diamond config and microsoft myphone backup

darren.wlsn1 06-01-2009 11:48 AM

is net3.5 installed?

nanoware 06-01-2009 12:01 PM

i have found that this is caused when restoring a PIM Backup database, did you restore your stuff before the error started coming up?

if so backup with a different program and hard reset

jtvgeo 06-01-2009 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
give this a try.. place those two file (attached file) into your mobile Windows folder.

haus 06-01-2009 03:51 PM

That's a lot of stuff - which is why I asked. Basic troubleshooting would involve hard resetting, then installing one thing at a time and running for awhile to see if you can reproduce the error. Eventually you'll find the culprit. In general it's not the number of days since hard reset that matters, it's what you've installed on the device or storage card.

deadwrong03 06-01-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanoware (Post 947980)
i have found that this is caused when restoring a PIM Backup database, did you restore your stuff before the error started coming up?

if so backup with a different program and hard reset

i think it was the pim file that i was using that was giving me that error thanks