PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Help: Hong Kong Touch Pro in Canada (Cityfone/Roger Wireless) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70161)

8-pointer 05-30-2009 03:00 AM

Help: Hong Kong Touch Pro in Canada (Cityfone/Roger Wireless)

Cutting it short:
Got the Touch Pro for free from Hong Kong, brand new. Sim unlock (as indicated on HTC distributor website w/ IMEI and S/N confirmation).
Flashed to ROM version: 5.07.832.3 Radio version: 1.11.25.01, all from HTC website.
Using the phone in Canada, service provider is Cityfone (the phone indicates Rogers Wireless). I don't have a 3G plan so I'm using regular GSM network.

Problem: Everything on the phone works EXCEPT the phone function itself. Everytime I make a call or receive a call I can only talk for 5 seconds, then the phone mutes automatically.

Tried setting to GSM only and shutting down HSDPA, it just doesn't help at all.

Can anyone identify the problem for me? I really have no clue since I'm new to this pocket pc tech:scratch:. If HK 3G phone simply doesn't support GSM network in Canada then I don't even do anything with it. If it's just hardware problem then I'd just send it back to HK for replacement.

intrlude 05-30-2009 06:16 AM

Re: Help: Hong Kong Touch Pro in Canada (Cityfone/Roger Wireless)

Does your conversation/call continue? You can hear them (other party), but they can't hear you or does your phone disconnect?

8-pointer 05-30-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrlude (Post 944444)
Does your conversation/call continue? You can hear them (other party), but they can't hear you or does your phone disconnect?

No, I can't hear them after 5 secs while the phone indicates the connection is still on.

Any clue?

ruskiyab 05-30-2009 02:57 PM

Try asking this question on xda-developers.com they're more of a GSM community...
In the mean time, try a hard reset

intrlude 05-30-2009 03:15 PM

You just inserted your sim? Is that correct? Have you tried contacting your service provider and did they provide any input? While over at XDA, try getting a hold of another ROM/radio version as the phone is not a true quad-band, it's dependant on the carrier specified for, maybe, the issue is with the frequency your most likely in etc..

8-pointer 05-30-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruskiyab (Post 944974)
Try asking this question on xda-developers.com they're more of a GSM community...
In the mean time, try a hard reset

I did hard reset my phone and it doesn't help...

Quote:

Originally Posted by intrlude (Post 944998)
You just inserted your sim? Is that correct? Have you tried contacting your service provider and did they provide any input? While over at XDA, try getting a hold of another ROM/radio version as the phone is not a true quad-band, it's dependant on the carrier specified for, maybe, the issue is with the frequency your most likely in etc..

I inserted my sim card.
I didn't contact my service provider so it may be a good way to start.

Thus, I just wonder if another ROM/radio is needed (eg: if I need an AT&T Rom/radio), can I safely flash back to the OEM rom? Since my rom is in HK chinese (HK_CHT) and I'm flashing an English ROM...

It may sound dumb but I'm really noob to the pocket pc.