PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Visor Prism (old) -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO: 500 Fair and Flexible ($30/mo unlimited everything, 500 min)
Threadstarter

nerdtalker is keeping up the good worknerdtalker is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint wants $120 to replace my defective Touch Pro (D-Pad Broken)

I just called *2 and the woman did it in about 2 minutes. However, she said you need to have it for at least 30 days before it happens, but my protection is effective today. Curious.

I might head over and see if they'll replace it, it's a real bummer that the D-pad doesn't work, even making this call was puzzling as there isn't any "dial" software key, you have to tap on the number...

A box of mine:
Old 05-26-2009, 07:10 PM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work

I dont know if anyone suggested this but why dont you just re-enroll in TEP, sprint has an open enrollment going on this month.

haha **** just saw this page.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Visor Prism (old) -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO: 500 Fair and Flexible ($30/mo unlimited everything, 500 min)
Threadstarter

Well, I went in and they took my phone, told me to come back in an hour, but that they were completely out of refurbished Touch Pros.

I come back, and they managed to somewhat-fix it. By somewhat, I mean break the plastic bezel down by the D-Pad, but replace the D-Pad (and I think the entire screen assembly). The guy was apologetic and said that "although it looks like sh!t, you can take it, and we ordered a new refurbished phone."

All in all I think that's ok, as long as they give me a call when the new one finally arrives, as this thing looks pretty sorry. I'm willing to bet this came off of another Touch Pro that they brought in which needed a new display, because there's a nice deep scratch in the screen (looks like it was gouged with a screw driver) and the crack along the bottom.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO CDMA

gouster8 is a n00b

The reason why its an automatic $120 for PDA's to repair is because sprint covers 1 year in warranty phones directly now whereas before you had to go to the manufacturer to get a replacement. Sprints services are extra from the manufacturer. Sprint doesn't make the phone HTC does. That was also quite a mistake in removing it just because of a 50 dollar increase on the deductable. Sounds better than $600.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO CDMA

gouster8 is a n00b

hopefully you took the open enrollment oppurtunity that is offered for the entire month of May
Old 05-27-2009, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, this is great. The Touch Pro they "fixed" the D-Pad isn't mine, in fact, it's obvious that it was a return itself.

I can tell from the scratches all over it that weren't mine, and the fact that it neither vibrates nor charges at all.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:10 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

well, I just got a letter today from assurion.. apparently the deduct doesn't go up until aug 1st.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

You could possibly try another store that has an authorized repair center. That's an option; or you could call on the phone to get a replacement but that would cost you $. I want to address what you said about the devices speed. There are a many, many, factors, it could be programs running in the background at startup, a data connection, accelerometer app, or just simply bloatware. Once you device boots, go into the task manager in the settings panel, check what is loading at startup. That should give you the information you need to find out why it is behaving so slowly. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
Well today my Touch Pro's D-Pad stopped working. All of the buttons are completely unresponsive, with no explanation whatsoever. Yesterday I noticed that the dial button stopped working, but thought nothing of it since it's usually finicky to begin with. When I woke up today, however, everything stopped working.

I went into the Sprint (corporate) store I always go to and explained the situation to them. They took it to the repair desk, and the guy came back, asked me if I had insurance (Ironically I canceled it this last billing cycle because of the increased deductible), and then told me that it would cost $120 to replace. I immediately told him that I'd have to think about it.

Last time I checked, this kind of thing was covered to begin with (since it was defective), and repairs were $50. I asked the rep, who said that the cost of smartphone repairs had been increased to $120. Does anybody know about this? I'd like to get the phone replaced as using it without a D-Pad is odd, and the device itself is acting very slow (I think it thinks buttons are being constantly pressed).
Dude that exact thing happened to me, when they looked at it, the REPLACED it immediately. I wouldn't settle for anything else than a replacement. If they won't help contact HTC, they have been very helpful in the past. I don't have their phone number, but Sprint will give it to you! Good luck man! If there are at least 120 willing members, we could all donate $1.00 to you right...lol
=D>

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:46 AM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

d94 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
Well, this is great. The Touch Pro they "fixed" the D-Pad isn't mine, in fact, it's obvious that it was a return itself.

I can tell from the scratches all over it that weren't mine, and the fact that it neither vibrates nor charges at all.
sorry to hear about your ****ty experience, they prolly swapped housings which is what i do aswell, but i make sure the damn phone works lol
on the flipside they did order you a replacement phone so im not sure what else your expecting to get

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>

Last edited by d94; 05-27-2009 at 10:49 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro