PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Use a strap, keeps phone safer! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69256)

Darkjedi 05-22-2009 12:00 AM

Re: Use a strap, keeps phone safer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikejones13 (Post 928429)
WOW, now I feel like an dumb a$$. I seen this post a couple days ago when it first popped up and I thought to myself. Well, this is a good idea considering I had the strap on the regular touch. So I grab my strap, lol no pun intended. And start flipping my phone around, sliding the keyboard out, then flipped it around some more. I didn't see anything for the strap like the regular touch. So I took off the battery cover and I DID see the little T at the bottom of the phone, but my thoughts weren't this looks like where I put my strap, lol. I thought hmmmmm this looks like it kinds connects to the usb maybe hold it into place. Then told myself, I better leave that alone, although I only glanced at it and didn't inspect it. Then thought how the hell did he get this on his phone, lol. Well now all I can say is I feel DUMB lol good job OP :headbang:

I'm curious as to why the phone just didn't come with a strap to begin with. I mean it's obviously designed with a strap attachment in mind.

bkhoste 05-22-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 928846)
I'm curious as to why the phone just didn't come with a strap to begin with. I mean it's obviously designed with a strap attachment in mind.

That would take common sense and probably some garbage about trying to cut production cost (like the strap costs a ton of money). I have never had a need for a strap until I rode the MAX train and saw how people get bumped around and drop their phones. As one poster stated "He used a strap from the Wii", I had two extra because I bough those NFL face plates and it came with a blue and red strap. Some may not think it looks cool or manly but it saves you from dropping the phone and besides who really cares what strangers think of them? I know I don't, :headbang:.

To the OP, the strap you made looks great and is probably more secure then the store bough brands.

zepsamsung 05-22-2009 04:38 PM

All my SONY ERICSSON phones came with a strap. My Mogul and My TP were the first to not have a strap for me.

frazell 05-22-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstevens (Post 926937)
What super case from Sprint?

I don't know the case name, but I posted a picture. I purchased it directly from the Sprint corp store on 13th & Chestnut here in Philadelphia.

http://www.thinkist.net/misc-files/tp-case.jpg (Will adjust size later when home)

Not shown in the pic, but it also has a swivel locking belt clip so I never have to worry about risking the phone falling when I'm biking or the like.

zepsamsung 05-22-2009 05:45 PM

What ever happened to those little pager bungees? If one were to modify one, it could work with a phone...

mstevens 05-23-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zepsamsung (Post 927538)
Take off the battery cover, at the bottom is a small hole, slip the fishing line or thread through the hole. Look at the bottom of the Phone, there in the bottom center is a place to put the loop over. Then put the back cover on. Gently pull the cover to make sure it is connected good.

They may not be in style but when your phone is valued at almost $600, who cares about style.

Wow. I never even considered that might be the attachment point. Style doesn't matter to me. Shattered phones do. Thanks for the pointer.

Is this even in the manual? If not, this really belongs in the Essentials sticky thread.

mstevens 05-23-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zepsamsung (Post 927559)
A person can have a stroke at any age, just like a heart attack.

The youngest I ever saw was actually prenatal. We like to think serious medical problems don't affect the young, but they do. My daughter died of cancer at 16 months.

Don't even get me started about preventable problems (smoking, not wearing helmets, etc.) causing premature and serious problems in the young.