PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   [5/16] Speed test Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs SSK2.0 vs STOCK vs Others! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68488)

moovius 05-14-2009 01:41 PM

Re: [5/14] Speed test Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs SSK2.0 vs Others!

Thanks to the OP for the analysis so far. I like informative threads like this one.

I have gone through roms galore and I have completely given up on TF3D. It's gimmicky, and functionally a time waster. I could care less about eye candy... I want a lean machine for a TP... not some clogged up, sputtering glamour phone.

I have resorted to disabling TF3D and just working with the default desktop for WM6. It's the fastest and most functional option for my situation.

How many of you guys are just using the default WM6 home screen? Have some rom suggestions?

Edit: I'm currently using Sceptre Rom which uses the Point UI front end (it was a little better than TF3D). I have disabled the Point UI and i'm just using WM6 default home screen now.

Lat 05-14-2009 01:44 PM

Re: [5/14] Speed test Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs SSK2.0 vs Others!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhino27 (Post 914785)
Why don't we help out with the testing? We'll get more roms done faster. We could start with Selytch's tests as a start and add other tests if needed. That would be the standard and we could all benchmark roms. Perhaps get a sticky thread going to post the results

At one time, I VSBenchmarked every single ROM I installed. This was for all the early 4.xx builds for both Juicy and MightyMike, and a bunch of the other roms that came out around then. I got lazy after that...heh, and deleted all the scores because they were no longer relevant.

Maybe somebody can do a VSBenchmark version of selytch's post :drunken:

dodge_longhorn 05-14-2009 01:56 PM

i just want to make a note about the longhorn rom.. a touch flow 3d2 have little problems and other thing the reason why customization takes a bit longer is that i have a mortscipt file to run and look for programs that are installed and put them in a folder called application, multimedia ect and change a few reg.

jug6ernaut 05-14-2009 02:21 PM

alot of ur tests dont even relate to the overall performance of a rom...time till frist boot, uc time, time till tf3d, second boot... Even total ram after boot doesnt have anything to do with system speed lol. i dont even no what y you put the opera version up htere. I mean dont get me wrong im glad you toke the time to do this, but to call this a speed test is very misleading. The only stat there that deals towards this would be your core benchmark. All your other stats would be really helpful if all we did were hardreset and rest start our phones 24/7 :\.

scrosler 05-14-2009 02:34 PM

LACKS PERSONALITY>?!>!>!>!>!?!?!?!?!?

I have my own message board and website not to forget CHAT ROOM for my users!!!

How much personality do you want!!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!!

I do produce a more basic ROM as I aim at newb friendly kitchens and such. And the ultimate goal of FAST!

But thank you much for benchmarking me!!!!!! I just wanted to see where I stacked up.

I think you should exclude first boot time because I feel thats an unfair measure. How often does first boot affect your performance. Just one single time. BUt alas, I wont complain.

Thanks again bro.

And I really do have a forum and chat room for my ROM

You can visit me here: www.sskusers.com

Scott

Thanks bro!!

scrosler 05-14-2009 02:41 PM

Re: [5/13] Speed test Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs SSK2.0 more to com

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibmxx187 (Post 914135)
hows about my rom..
want to see how it compares to the legendary chefs here!

AM I legendary now? Am I finally considered in the ranks of the greats like Mighty Mike, Juciy47? Sweeet! ;c)

scrosler 05-14-2009 02:42 PM

Re: [5/13] Speed test Silence9 vs SilenceX vs Mighty5 vs Juicy7 vs SSK2.0 vs Others!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bast525 (Post 914242)
I've tried most of the 'brands' here, but always go back to SSK. His ROMs, especially with the XIP's tweaked by FormerPalmOS, always run very fast, very stable, and with way more free RAM than anyone elses. Yet they dont seem to sacrifice anything. I dont know why no one else can eeke out as much free RAM.

I've also tried a LOT of builds, and I always go back to 20954. 20954 benchmarks the highest, loads up \Windows\ in File Explorer in like 1.5 secs with Show All Files checked, rotates the screen instantly on keyboard out, and has the most free RAM at boot.

To the original poster, GREAT post. maybe you could add some tests like graphics or file system benchmarks. I use SK Tools trial app to benchmark.

You really like 20954 huh?

Have you tried my new SSK2.0 Final? Its sick. Wll, you can see the scores.

scrosler 05-14-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 914614)
I think it would be interesting to also speed test a "stock" ROM to get an idea how much faster (or slower) all the Custom ROMS are to stock.

Excellent idea!!!!!

OP, can you test a stock ROM, maybe a couple? Just a though but I think its a good one!

scrosler 05-14-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moovius (Post 914826)
Thanks to the OP for the analysis so far. I like informative threads like this one.

I have gone through roms galore and I have completely given up on TF3D. It's gimmicky, and functionally a time waster. I could care less about eye candy... I want a lean machine for a TP... not some clogged up, sputtering glamour phone.

I have resorted to disabling TF3D and just working with the default desktop for WM6. It's the fastest and most functional option for my situation.

How many of you guys are just using the default WM6 home screen? Have some rom suggestions?

Edit: I'm currently using Sceptre Rom which uses the Point UI front end (it was a little better than TF3D). I have disabled the Point UI and i'm just using WM6 default home screen now.

Hehe, funny you ask. Beleive it or not, I dont use TF3D either. I just use the basic Windows Mobile 6.1 Theme with the basic plug ins for messaging, date, etc.

I stil have not found a one size fits all UI. Each has there plusses....

selytch 05-14-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jug6ernaut (Post 914923)
alot of ur tests dont even relate to the overall performance of a rom...time till frist boot, uc time, time till tf3d, second boot... Even total ram after boot doesnt have anything to do with system speed lol. i dont even no what y you put the opera version up htere. I mean dont get me wrong im glad you toke the time to do this, but to call this a speed test is very misleading. The only stat there that deals towards this would be your core benchmark. All your other stats would be really helpful if all we did were hardreset and rest start our phones 24/7 :\.

I call a rom FAST if it installs fast, boots fast, opens web pages fast and plays video without delay. This reflects video driver, filesystem, 3G and dll selection. What would you call a FAST rom?

PS. Testing STOCK, really curious....