PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro woes... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67546)

kcallis 05-05-2009 08:35 AM

Touch Pro woes...

I bought a phone that was flashed with ToO ROM. The phone seemed to work perfectly, but a day or so later, the screen would just go completely black, and it would take several soft reboots, before I could even see the screen light up.

Thinking it was a firmware issue, I flashed over to Mighty ROM 4, but I would still get the occasional blackouts. One day, I decided to change to change the power setting for battery so that it would not go to standby mode. Surprisingly, it worked... The TP would run just fine, except the battery life would burn up real quickly (about a hour or so), so I am not able to just freely carry the phone around... Needing to always have the phone plugged into the lighter or on the wall charger.

Has anyone run into such an issue? Changing ROMs does not make any difference... Although I am currently running Mighty ROM 4, I have also tried Mighty ROM 5 as well as Juicy, and the same results. Also note, that when the screen blackouts out, the phone still rings, sound effects (like sliding the keyboard open or closed) works, etc.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

havox22 05-05-2009 08:43 AM

Re: Touch Pro woes...

did u hard re-set it after u flashed???

thacounty 05-05-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcallis (Post 896497)
I bought a phone that was flashed with ToO ROM. The phone seemed to work perfectly, but a day or so later, the screen would just go completely black, and it would take several soft reboots, before I could even see the screen light up.

Thinking it was a firmware issue, I flashed over to Mighty ROM 4, but I would still get the occasional blackouts. One day, I decided to change to change the power setting for battery so that it would not go to standby mode. Surprisingly, it worked... The TP would run just fine, except the battery life would burn up real quickly (about a hour or so), so I am not able to just freely carry the phone around... Needing to always have the phone plugged into the lighter or on the wall charger.

Has anyone run into such an issue? Changing ROMs does not make any difference... Although I am currently running Mighty ROM 4, I have also tried Mighty ROM 5 as well as Juicy, and the same results. Also note, that when the screen blackouts out, the phone still rings, sound effects (like sliding the keyboard open or closed) works, etc.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Since it is with every rom you have I am going to guess it is hardware related. Flash to stock rom and re-lock. Then call asurion and tell them your problem.

kcallis 05-05-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havox22 (Post 896503)
did u hard re-set it after u flashed???

I did and do so after every install of a new ROM...

kcallis 05-05-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thacounty (Post 896510)
Since it is with every rom you have I am going to guess it is hardware related. Flash to stock rom and re-lock. Then call asurion and tell them your problem.

Considering that this a third party purchase, I am not covered by Asurion through Sprint or the likes... So I need to look for another solution!

thacounty 05-05-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcallis (Post 896571)
Considering that this a third party purchase, I am not covered by Asurion through Sprint or the likes... So I need to look for another solution!

Yes you are. If you have insurance and you have activated your phone you are covered. I bought my Treo 700wx and my Touch from Ebay and both of them went in on insurance fixes. Whatever you have activated is what the insurance covers.

kcallis 05-05-2009 09:39 AM

I am thinking that it might be a bootloader or radio issue... This was originally a Sprint handset, that I have since flashed over to Cricket. I am just wondering if I needed to change either the bootloader or the Radio firmware before flashing to another ROM?

thacounty 05-05-2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcallis (Post 896581)
I am thinking that it might be a bootloader or radio issue... This was originally a Sprint handset, that I have since flashed over to Cricket. I am just wondering if I needed to change either the bootloader or the Radio firmware before flashing to another ROM?

Oh, I thought you were on sprint. My bad bro. Might want to see if you can ask No2Chem on his blog.

kcallis 05-05-2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thacounty (Post 896579)
Yes you are. If you have insurance and you have activated your phone you are covered. I bought my Treo 700wx and my Touch from Ebay and both of them went in on insurance fixes. Whatever you have activated is what the insurance covers.

Issue is that I bought the phone to use on Cricket. Cricket will not provide insurance on any phone that is not one of the phones that they sell.

kcallis 05-05-2009 09:45 AM

Where is that blog located... I know it is something that is a lame fix, I am just not sure what it might be. Like I said previously, the TP is good to go is I don't have it go into standby.... At the cost of rapid depletion of power while running on battery!