PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Wmwifirouter 1.3 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67447)

edog 05-04-2009 09:42 AM

Wmwifirouter 1.3

Can any HTC touch pro users confirm they have the latest version of WMWIFIrouter working on thri devices?

I cannot EVER get an ip address. I can see the adhoc network and connect to it, but that's it. I also wind up with a self assigne 169.254.x.x IP which windows actually assisnge when it cannot get a dhcp address.

Please let me know if you have this software working, or is it fruitless to try to get this wsftware to work on our phones. Thanks in advance.

ivan1.ruiz 05-04-2009 09:47 AM

Re: Wmwifirouter 1.3

mine works fine. i use version .9 thogh it works best or version .82

lblacklol 05-04-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edog (Post 894281)
Can any HTC touch pro users confirm they have the latest version of WMWIFIrouter working on thri devices?

I cannot EVER get an ip address. I can see the adhoc network and connect to it, but that's it. I also wind up with a self assigne 169.254.x.x IP which windows actually assisnge when it cannot get a dhcp address.

Please let me know if you have this software working, or is it fruitless to try to get this wsftware to work on our phones. Thanks in advance.

I can confirm 1.3 works. I don't usually use it as I'm anal about which versions I use and I had a "developmental build" prior to 1.3 that I was sent by their support, and it's worked solid so I haven't messed with it.

But I tried a ROM that ended up having broken ICS and I didn't realize ICS itself was broken so I tried 1.3 of WMWifirouter. It worked once I flashed back to a different rom. So I know it works.

I would suggest making sure you have ICS installed and working, and that has to be done *first* before WMWifirouter is installed. Secondly, make sure when you install it, you enable Bluetooth and Wifi prior to going through the setup. It needs them turned on so it can properly bind to them.

If none of this works, I suggest hard resetting. Then make sure ICS is installed first. Then install WMWifirouter.

jmorton10 05-04-2009 12:42 PM

I use 1.3 every day to tether my 2nd gen ipod touch to my TouchPro, it works fine.

~John

amw1972 05-04-2009 01:07 PM

I'm still on 1.25...still humming along...as we speak

willyksu 05-04-2009 01:41 PM

I am using 1.35 and working fine for me, I use mine with my Ipod and laptop.

TheRealHotshot 05-04-2009 02:55 PM

For the ones that got the newest ver. Working which rom is you using? I'm running the stock rom and don't wanna buy this program unless I know its working!

jmorton10 05-04-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain (Post 894925)
For the ones that got the newest ver. Working which rom is you using? I'm running the stock rom and don't wanna buy this program unless I know its working!

I'm using the latest version with Mighty 4.16

~John