PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I cant remember my pass/lock code to my touch pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67250)

daddy43205 05-02-2009 11:47 AM

I cant remember my pass/lock code to my touch pro

I have been using my touch pro as just a ppc and not a phone but about a week ago i took some pictures i didnt want someone to see so i put a lock on the phone the phone has been unlocked for about a week but then the battery died and the password screen is up again and i cant remember the code i used is there a way to unlock my phone without losing all my data it is a sprint touch pro](*,)

skeegcpp 05-02-2009 11:54 AM

Re: I cant remember my pass/lock code to my touch pro

u can try to de-program ur phone. then program it back. to do this, u will need ur MSL(get from sprint or BAF)....
once u have the MSL...write down ur msid..then, program all 1's for ur phone#, then program ur msid as all 9's...
NOW, after that...use 1111 as the unlock code. once u got phone unlocked. program ur correct phone# and msid back into phone...this is one option out of probably many...HTH

nextelfixer 05-02-2009 01:24 PM

If you are on Sprint, bring in your phone to any Authorized Service Center. We have a program called SNRMS which can get into the phone and read the lock code, which can then be reset if you like. If you have the service and repair coverage, it will be no charge. Also, if your phone is still in warranty, there will be no charge for the service. If this has helped in any way, please click on Thanks.

skeegcpp 05-02-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nextelfixer (Post 891046)
If you are on Sprint, bring in your phone to any Authorized Service Center. We have a program called SNRMS which can get into the phone and read the lock code, which can then be reset if you like. If you have the service and repair coverage, it will be no charge. Also, if your phone is still in warranty, there will be no charge for the service. If this has helped in any way, please click on Thanks.

thx sprint guy....i didnt know that...that process wud be easier probably then doing it urself...but like i said..my post was one of many options to find ur reso

slopokdave 05-02-2009 03:44 PM

If you enter your password 10x incorrectly, it will hard reset and you can just start over. However, make sure you remove your SD card if you have one in; it will format that also. I learned that lesson the hard way. ](*,)

daddy43205 05-03-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nextelfixer (Post 891046)

im not with sprint but it is a sprint phone what is the name of the program?

nextelfixer 05-03-2009 04:41 PM

The Program is called SNRMS. To use it, you have to be an Authorized service center. You have to log in to their server every time you run the program. Each service center has it's own unique login.

fatboym 07-23-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daddy43205 (Post 890923)
I have been using my touch pro as just a ppc and not a phone but about a week ago i took some pictures i didnt want someone to see so i put a lock on the phone the phone has been unlocked for about a week but then the battery died and the password screen is up again and i cant remember the code i used is there a way to unlock my phone without losing all my data it is a sprint touch pro](*,)

Did this fix help you? I am having the same issue, but I am using the correct password! very upset with this product. I can lose this personal info, since I have not been able to sync with my new MAC.](*,)

DomSim 07-23-2009 06:15 PM

everyone beware, a short while ago there was a thread like this which turned out to be someone who had found a lost touch pro and tricked the users on here helping him unlock it. OP take your phone to sprint, or consult your owners manual

NinjaMom 07-23-2009 06:41 PM

I was just fixing to say this myself DocSim. Thanks. There was a guy that "found" a TP on the bus and instead of finding the owner they unlocked it and kept it for themselves.

You are not with Sprint, but you want to unlock a sprint phone...???