PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint online acivation/swap (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66683)

wizdumb 04-28-2009 02:20 AM

Sprint online acivation/swap

Hey guys so I bought a sprint TP online (not off sprint didnt want to renew contract) and logged into my sprint account to find out that the "activate/swap" phone option was not available on my account. I remember seeing the option a few months ago but it seems its dissapeared :angry7:. Did they cancel/get rid of that option by chance? It doesnt make sense if they did since they still have the instructions on how to do it. If anything I suppose I can just do it through the online chat to do the swap. Any help is appreciated.:headbang:

For the record I did a search and didnt find any help reguarding my question.

parkjam 04-28-2009 02:23 AM

Re: Sprint online acivation/swap

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizdumb (Post 881600)
Hey guys so I bought a sprint TP online (not off sprint didnt want to renew contract) and logged into my sprint account to find out that the "activate/swap" phone option was not available on my account. I remember seeing the option a few months ago but it seems its dissapeared :angry7:. Did they cancel/get rid of that option by chance? It doesnt make sense if they did since they still have the instructions on how to do it. If anything I suppose I can just do it through the online chat to do the swap. Any help is appreciated.:headbang:

For the record I did a search and didnt find any help reguarding my question.

It is there on my account. On the right side of the overview page, click on activate a new phone.

wizdumb 04-28-2009 02:37 AM

Thanks for the quick response parkjam but I still don't see it. I will try to snap a picture of the page in a bit. I do have another question regarding my issue. Could it be that the option is only available after my 2 year agreement fulfillment date has p***** (coming up in august this year)?

gearjunkeez 04-28-2009 02:38 AM

They take it off the site if your payment is late or if you are over your spending limit.

parkjam 04-28-2009 02:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wizdumb (Post 881618)
Thanks for the quick response parkjam but I still don't see it. I will try to snap a picture of the page in a bit. I do have another question regarding my issue. Could it be that the option is only available after my 2 year agreement fulfillment date has p***** (coming up in august this year)?

No, it should be there no matter how far you have left on your contract. Mine isn't up until January...

Attached a pic so you can make sure you not just missing it.

wizdumb 04-28-2009 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gearjunkeez (Post 881619)
They take it off the site if your payment is late or if you are over your spending limit.

Ahh that seems logical. Well, I was a day late to pay for my bill ](*,) so i'm sure that is the reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkjam (Post 881628)
No, it should be there no matter how far you have left on your contract. Mine isn't up until January...

Attached a pic so you can make sure you not just missing it.

Thanks for the pic parkjam. I am guessing it was due to what gearjunkeez said in his post.

I guess I will have to wait until the a.m. to see if the option is restored. This phone is a huge step from my current phone (moto q). Ive been toying with it for a few days now and still trying to get the hang of its ins/outs. Thanks for the help fellas. Glad i came accross this site :)