PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   (NOOB) Need some advice on my Sprint Touch pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66251)

Delwayne15 04-24-2009 10:52 AM

(NOOB) Need some advice on my Sprint Touch pro

I'm trying to figure out, if I should keep the rom thats already on the phone or change it, I never us anything SPRINT and only want to the phone to have ea fast speed and look good visualy,....and how can I get the calendar and other tabs on there aswell

nextelfixer 04-24-2009 12:25 PM

Re: (NOOB) Need some advice on my Sprint Touch pro

I would recommend either MightyRom5 or StarRom 1.5. Both are excellent WM6.5 roms which give you much better all around performance. Speed is increased and so is battery life. I was using StarRom and just switched to the new Mighty to give it a try.

bayushikitsune 04-24-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nextelfixer (Post 873760)
I would recommend either MightyRom5 or StarRom 1.5. Both are excellent WM6.5 roms which give you much better all around performance. Speed is increased and so is battery life. I was using StarRom and just switched to the new Mighty to give it a try.

I agree completely with Flixer. It takes a while to get used to but none the less it is faster and better than 6.1. Try it out..you don't like it then you can always go back.

You get MightyRom5 here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52695

bit1 04-24-2009 12:35 PM

I third them. Unlocking your phone,changing your radio, and loading Mighty Rom 5 give you a completely different phone. I would recommend SEVEN as an email client as its great and doesn't seem to negatively affect battery life as much as other push clients

YouMayLose 04-24-2009 12:45 PM

does mighty5 work with video out? lol im using mighty 4.16 and was afraid to upgrade to windows 6.5 since its still kinda testing phase..and before I did wanna no if video out works since I just got my video out cables today (whoohoo) lol...

spectaprod 04-24-2009 04:21 PM

Couple of Q's, I'm new to all this too, I've searched for answers, but I've not found any consice answers that feel conclusive, I need closure.

If I flash to a custom rom, can I flash back to stock, and where would I find that rom?
Will the data I backup restore to a new rom?

ou2mame 04-24-2009 04:31 PM

i wouldn't use a backup program like sprite to restore across different roms, especially 6.1 to 6.5, or vice versa. as for the stock sprint rom, there's a sticky in the upgrades section.

YouMayLose 04-24-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spectaprod (Post 874356)
Couple of Q's, I'm new to all this too, I've searched for answers, but I've not found any consice answers that feel conclusive, I need closure.

If I flash to a custom rom, can I flash back to stock, and where would I find that rom?
Will the data I backup restore to a new rom?

1.) Yes..the stock roms are in a sticky in the upgrade forums at the top of the page.
2.) Yes but depending on what you wanna restore it may not be a good idea.. simple things like contacts and emails and text/mms messages can restore across the board..but full restores from one rom to another can can/may cause issues.

DarkLord 04-24-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nextelfixer (Post 873760)

i disagree (seems like i'm the odd man out). i flashed mightyrom5 today and didn't like it at all. every 6.5 rom i'm flashed completely drags my phone down to where is just annoying. when microsoft officially releases 6.5, perhaps some of the kinks can be worked out and all these cooks will be able to create a really great 6.5 rom. until then, they're nice to look at but not very practical for everyday use.

as suggestions roms, here's a few nice ones (my fav's that i tend to switch back and forth):

Meridin 4.2 (i think he's coming out with a new one this weekend)
KK's loaded rom V2.0
Cfay's TouchPro 2 rom

that being said. The Juicy roms and Might roms are very popular. everyone has different tastes so try them all and see which one you like better.

good luck and happy flashing (wait, that didn't sound right did it???)

xSD 04-24-2009 10:38 PM

Flash a ROM first. You'll love it man. I just did my first flash under a week ago!