PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Stylus feels funny on screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65146)

Sporkman 04-16-2009 09:22 AM

Stylus feels funny on screen

on my touch pro the stylus feels like it gouging in to the screens on the scroll bar side i can see a change in the screen , it looks like a smudge but its not ive used a eye glass cloth to clean the screen and its still there. and when i try to use the stylus on the spot its not responsive. ans on the same side it looks and feels liek the screen is raised a bit to the point its not flush any longer .

anyone have the happen to them with a stylus ... or a screen doing this

should i call sprint ... take it in ?

1moreforum 04-16-2009 09:25 AM

Re: Stylus feels funny on screen

Do you have a screen protector on it? I'd say that you have some small scratches on the screen but with the "bubble" I think it's more than that. If it is still under warrenty I wouldn't even mess with it. Take it back.

shaggylive 04-16-2009 09:27 AM

yea, i'd probably take it in. (hard reset first & save some wait time)

were you using a screen protector? the stylus & screen on tp was a major htc fail imo.

Sporkman 04-16-2009 09:30 AM

no screen guard ... never got around to ordering one with work and real life going on

ive had it since feb

shaggylive 04-16-2009 09:32 AM

yea, when you get your replacement, put one on ASAP. btw, one comes in the box, that works ok, at least until you get one ordered.

Sporkman 04-16-2009 09:33 AM

ok ill call them ... or should i jsut take it in after i relock it lol

shaggylive 04-16-2009 09:36 AM

actually your best bet is online ecare, get them to advance ship. that is unless you like wasting time @ the sprint store.

TweetyBear 04-16-2009 09:36 AM

i've been using the one that came on the screen lol and i use my fingers as my stylus and nothing's been wrong so far. hopefully never will!

Sporkman 04-16-2009 09:39 AM

oh and mine did not come with a screen guard :/

shaggylive 04-16-2009 09:44 AM

you sure?? it's easy to miss. it's in the bag with the user manual, cd, ect.. usually next to the recycle bag.

PolloLoco 04-16-2009 09:52 AM

Yeah, it was a big mistake not to put the screen protector on. I did with the screen protector that came wiith the phone - and the screen protector is definitely scratched. I'm about to swap it out.

I blame the stylus - there are times I definitely feel more friction than there should be. The stylus is the only thing I really miss about my old 6700.

Sporkman 04-16-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 852527)
you sure?? it's easy to miss. it's in the bag with the user manual, cd, ect.. usually next to the recycle bag.

yes looked a few times

so i just talked to a very rude nasty lady with the online chat .... she told me to take in to the local sprint store .. because she did not feel like " doing " in other words

04/16/2009 09:47:10AM Agent (Toni C): "I do see that you have insurance on your device." 04/16/2009 09:47:36AM

HIGHMILLER: "the phone should still be under warrenty ive only had it since feb **********" 04/16/2009 09:48:43AM

Agent (Toni C): "What I encourage you to do is take the device to a sprint repair store and have the device checked out to see if the device can be fixed and that is covered under the insurance. However, if the device isn't fixed then they will contact the manufacturer an" d have another device shipped out to you. 04/16/2009 09:49:12AM

HIGHMILLER: "ok i guess i can do that ...." 04/16/2009 09:49:38AM

Agent (Toni C): "I would really appreciated it if you would." 04/16/2009 09:50:01AM Session Ended

shaggylive 04-16-2009 10:00 AM

eeww, bad rep.
1, it's a physical defect and they do not fix these phone in the store.
2, insurance should have nothing to do with it was caused by the stylus.

your may as well go into a store, hopefully they can give you a screen protector too.

Sporkman 04-16-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 852564)
eeww, bad rep.
1, it's a physical defect and they do not fix these phone in the store.
2, insurance should have nothing to do with it was caused by the stylus.

your may as well go into a store, hopefully they can give you a screen protector too.

yea im about to relock the phone and flash it back to the ORg state before i take it in

anyone got a link to the relocker i cant seem to locate it

shaggylive 04-16-2009 10:09 AM

its in the unlock thread with other files 1st post

Sporkman 04-16-2009 10:35 AM

flashed stock os ... relocking them heading down t the sprint store ... Woot early days off

Sporkman 04-16-2009 12:32 PM

hmmm... the sprint store was a freaking joke ! they told me that its my fault the screens is like that :???: and that i wasnt entitled to a replacement phone.

so after raising a MAJOR stink in the store ... low and behold who walks in a higher up ( from regional ) :headbang: the expression on the guys ( the sales guy ) face took a nose dive like he was in deep pooh . lol

the guy ( james ) asked how i was doing when i told him how i was treated and i have been with sprint for 8 years and i feel i should get a new phone because of the hardware defect . james looks @ the guy helping ( or lack their off ) me tells him to get me a NEW phone not a refurbished phone :headbang:

so i walk out with a new phone and was very happy that james walked in

so now im going to start looking for a new screen gaurd/case

shaggylive 04-16-2009 01:36 PM

wow, your lucky. it's sad it had to get to that level. I really think that qualifies as a defect. also I highly recommend recalibrating, and try to press as light as possible. (the calibration @ hard-reset always seems to take a firm press, but after customizations, it's better.)
I actually never use the stylus, just the reset stick. ;)

btw,did the new phone come with a protector?
All i've been using so far is the stock protectors, but I hear good things about these http://shop.brando.com.hk/prod_detai...d=&cat_id=0018
and have been meaning to order, so I guess, there's no time like the present.. :p

Young_breedent 04-16-2009 01:47 PM

I don't know why you would call in to get it replaced anyway. If you get a replacement through assurion there is a dedutible but if you go through a sprint store it's free if you have insurance. The only thing they don't cover in the store is water damage and loss or stolen phones

Sporkman 04-16-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 853078)
wow, your lucky. it's sad it had to get to that level. I really think that qualifies as a defect. also I highly recommend recalibrating, and try to press as light as possible. (the calibration @ hard-reset always seems to take a firm press, but after customizations, it's better.)
I actually never use the stylus, just the reset stick. ;)

btw,did the new phone come with a protector?
All i've been using so far is the stock protectors, but I hear good things about these http://shop.brando.com.hk/prod_detai...d=&cat_id=0018
and have been meaning to order, so I guess, there's no time like the present.. :p

yea ive all ways pressed EXTREMELY soft when using the stylus ive got the that came with the new phone .... im looking for a custom fix 1 so i dont have to cut or trim anything .

yea it's pretty sad it had to come to that just glad james walked in ( he gave me his card and cell number just incase i have any other issuses ) from what i can gather my local store has had lots of complaints