PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Phone does not charge while in call (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63981)

reigndropz 04-07-2009 09:06 AM

Phone does not charge while in call

Not sure if this is normal or not, but why doesn't the phone charge when in a call? I've noticed this will all ROM's and so I am inclined think its hardware related, but is there a fix that anyone knows of that will let the phone charge while you are in a call? I have a Sprint TP.

havox22 04-07-2009 09:40 AM

Re: Phone does not charge while in call

Quote:

Originally Posted by reigndropz (Post 830277)
Not sure if this is normal or not, but why doesn't the phone charge when in a call? I've noticed this will all ROM's and so I am inclined think its hardware related, but is there a fix that anyone knows of that will let the phone charge while you are in a call? I have a Sprint TP.

if u want it to keep charging u got to keep it cool...they have a kill switch to keep them from overheating & exploding

Hafrust 04-07-2009 09:48 AM

Some people claim different radios will help in running cooler, but after trying them, I personally think it may have been a placebo effect. You can give that a shot b/c it's easy to switch back if it doesn't help. Also, as a kind of ghetto workaround, people also suggest sliding the keyboard out to help dissipate heat while you're talking.

reigndropz 04-07-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hafrust (Post 830324)
Some people claim different radios will help in running cooler, but after trying them, I personally think it may have been a placebo effect. You can give that a shot b/c it's easy to switch back if it doesn't help. Also, as a kind of ghetto workaround, people also suggest sliding the keyboard out to help dissipate heat while you're talking.

I didnt think about the radio. I upgraded to the latest radio for my phone about a month ago. The keyboard idea sounds good too thanks. Im just wondering if there is SOME way to work around this besides that. Even if the phone is cool, I dont think it charges while in a phone call though...

nikkobenson 04-07-2009 10:22 AM

I suspect (though I have not confirmed) that the amount of electricity being used during a call is more than the charger puts out.

A higher wattage charger might be the cure here. In fact, I remember reading on this board a couple of months back about a couple people trying out ebay chargers that could hanle more Amps. I'm wonder what ever came of that...

w7excursion 04-07-2009 10:34 AM

I dont know what charger you are using but the wall charger I have that comes with the phone is garbage. Its connection is loose and stops charging. I use my mogul charger and it never stops charging while I use it.

reigndropz 04-07-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w7excursion (Post 830406)
I dont know what charger you are using but the wall charger I have that comes with the phone is garbage. Its connection is loose and stops charging. I use my mogul charger and it never stops charging while I use it.

I'm using the standard wall charger. The issue has nothing to do with the charger. I get the same results using the usb charger

Hafrust 04-07-2009 10:42 AM

You can use this to increase how many mA your phone draws when charging. Please note the warning. I have been using the fast charge since he had it available as an OEM and I've never had any problems yet.

reigndropz 04-07-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hafrust (Post 830417)
You can use this to increase how many mA your phone draws when charging. Please note the warning. I have been using the fast charge since he had it available as an OEM and I've never had any problems yet.

I already have the latest Fast Charge installed. I appreciate that though thanks. Its not the charge that I have problems with, my phone charges fine, its just that I want it to charge while I'm talking on the phone if possible. Most phones do this. For instance, if your battery is low, and you are on the phone, you cant charge the phone without hanging up and wait til you have a decent enough to charge , thats ridiculous.

freeza 04-07-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reigndropz (Post 830552)
I already have the latest Fast Charge installed. I appreciate that though thanks. Its not the charge that I have problems with, my phone charges fine, its just that I want it to charge while I'm talking on the phone if possible. Most phones do this. For instance, if your battery is low, and you are on the phone, you cant charge the phone without hanging up and wait til you have a decent enough to charge , thats ridiculous.

http://www.nuerom.com

Get the latest fast charge battery driver that he released last week, it works awesome for me. I can now charge my phone while on it!