PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Helpful ROM cooking Info

Here is a tutorial I have been promising and just havent got around to till today.

This has only been personally tested on a TP but Im pretty sure it will work on the Diamond also.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR DEVICE AS A RESULT OF THIS TUTORIAL.

Now that all the warnings are out of the way we can be productive.

What you will need:
Calkulins Kitchen.
TP: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50857
Diamond: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=4127

you will also need the Xip.bin you want to use.

This will be a walk through of how to port an xip and put it in your kitchen.
1. extract Calkulins kitchen to a folder.
2. Go to Os.nb.payload in the my tools folder extract contents in this folder.
3. Copy the .rar to the folder you have the kitchen in. (you will need it for later xips)
4. Put the desired xip in the xip.bin_new folder.
5. Give XIPPorter administrative properties
6. Run HTC Kitchen.CMD
7. Run XIP and ROM tools function
8. Run XIPPorter
9. Click extract from .payload under old XIP
10. Change pagepool to desired pagepool size.
11. Click on the dots beside the old xip make sure it has the correct .bin selected there should only be one .bin in there.
12. Do the same for the new xip.
13. Click on the dots beside the payload selection and make sure you have the correct payload folder selected(there should only be on payload in the folder)
14. If you get an error on any of the steps 11-13 click continue and procede to the next step. now click port it.
12. click find XIP start offset
16. Click write it.
17. click Realloc sys.
18. Select the imageinfo.bin in the vm. folder of your sys.
19. Close XipPorter
Copy new os.nb.payload into Files folder
21. Run the make a ROM folder function in HTC Kitchen.cmd
22. Run the top function
23. Enjoy new ROM built with new XIP.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab

Last edited by SBR_L3GION; 04-25-2009 at 03:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Helpful ROM cooking Info

Will post new Tutorials for this kitchen later.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

My Rom Building Tutorials
Pulled from Rstoyguys signature. lots of helpful info here chefs should read before cooking.

Last edited by SBR_L3GION; 04-25-2009 at 02:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

thanks very much for this. love learning new things, u gave me something to do this afternoon!
Old 04-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

Always glad to help. Also put requests in here for other tutorials and I will see what I can do to make them happen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ADR6300
Carrier: Big Red

vernox701 is keeping up the good workvernox701 is keeping up the good work

How do you add Oem files to a kitchen I like ssk because it seems more optimized for Verizon but erices uses different apps. Thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

jnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuff

I feel like ive tapped the possibilities of my phone and im bored. Other than all the new 6.5 roms out, there are really no exciting things happening. Im thinkin of startin to make my own rom. Havent a clue what im doin. I know I need to download a kitchen, and a base rom ( i think). Is there a thread that explains how to make a rom. Ive searched but everything brings up kitchens. and theres a lot. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:04 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

there are many tutorials on how to cook with a kitchen Rstoyguy has many tutorials for stuff like this. I will be updating this with some helpful tips just gotta find the time.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:05 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

My Rom Building Tutorials

this is pulled from rstoyguys signature.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
Here is a tutorial I have been promising and just havent got around to till today.

What you will need:
Calkulins Kitchen.
TP: http://www.myunspace.com/?d=426382481
Diamond: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=4127

link for the TP is dead..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro