PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Keyboard not working? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62751)

Oxymoron238 03-28-2009 03:31 PM

Keyboard not working?

I searched this, but I couldn't find anything on this. My shift and function keys are not working, so I can't capitalize my letters. Also, sometimes the "H" key displays a 7. What's going on here?

It all started today, around the morning. I had installed NOTHING. It just started acting funny on me when I tried to type something in Opera Mobile.

I did recently install the TP2 keyboard. Could that be the issue?

MordyT 03-28-2009 03:48 PM

Re: Keyboard not working?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 (Post 806142)
I had installed NOTHING.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 (Post 806142)
I did recently install the TP2 keyboard. Could that be the issue?

do you mean the drivers? did u replace the phisical keyboard? or the TP2 SIP? please clarify.

Oxymoron238 03-28-2009 03:50 PM

Oh, I see how that could've been misread. :)

I haven't installed anything today, when it messed up. But I did install the TP2 sip keyboard a few days ago.

ShadowDrake 03-28-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 (Post 806197)
Oh, I see how that could've been misread. :)

I haven't installed anything today, when it messed up. But I did install the TP2 sip keyboard a few days ago.

Yeah, the TP2 SIP is known to cause hardware keyboard problems (it's the key mapping). You can try removing it but I hate to say you may have to hard reset to get it to clean off. Check the TP2 SIP thread though, the people there have more experience removing it, and you may be able to get by without the hard reset.

brooklynsugabun 03-28-2009 04:07 PM

well jsut in case non of that works I've had one of my moguls keyboard not work at all no response from any keys and my sis just had to have her's replaced as well for the same thing

ShadowDrake 03-28-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooklynsugabun (Post 806240)
well jsut in case non of that works I've had one of my moguls keyboard not work at all no response from any keys and my sis just had to have her's replaced as well for the same thing

I've had a keyboard stop working on a TP too, which had to be sent back to be replaced...

But when the TP2 SIP is KNOWN to cause these issues, it's a simple correction.

If after a hard reset and reflash to a stock ROM, the keyboard is still acting up, then would be a good time to call to get the phone replaced. It's a possibility the keyboard could have died, but unlikely. A search for "keyboard stopped working" will find plenty of threads on the subject.

Oxymoron238 03-28-2009 06:13 PM

Okay, thanks everyone! I'll try to uninstall it. :)

EDIT:

I uninstalled the TP2 cab, and that fixed my keyboard. I reinstalled the ez input keyboard to set things back to normal.

Thanks guys!