PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   how do you delete the opera mobile version built in? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62279)

Reno 03-24-2009 05:06 PM

how do you delete the opera mobile version built in?

im trying to install a different version of opera on my phone but whenever I try it says it doesnt meet suffecient requirements, how would I delete the current version I have on my phone and replace it with the build i have a .cab for?

im currently running MightyROM4.15

InvincibleLiving 03-24-2009 05:25 PM

Re: how do you delete the opera mobile version built in?

i have this same issue...the way i got around it was to build in an oem using a kitchen.

bjhill2112 03-24-2009 06:46 PM

There's a version floating around here that updates the default installed one. Basically you just have to have a cab that will overwrite the executable in the \Windows and \Windows\Opera9 directories.

bigjerm1985 03-24-2009 06:53 PM

I deleted the registry keys with phm and soft reset then install the new version Hkey_local_machine/software/opera and delete the whole folder

Reno 03-24-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjerm1985 (Post 796128)
I deleted the registry keys with phm and soft reset then install the new version Hkey_local_machine/software/opera and delete the whole folder

i did this, and it starts to install the cab and then i keep getting "Installation was unsuccessful. The profram or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions" the version im trying to install is 9.50_15613_WWE

w7excursion 03-24-2009 08:18 PM

Did you try deleting the opera folder out of the windows folder and the operabrowser.lnk out of the start menu folder? I would also delete it out of the registry. Do a soft reset, then try installing, and it might say it failed but launch opera and check the version. It worked for me.

Reno 03-24-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w7excursion (Post 796331)
Did you try deleting the opera folder out of the windows folder and the operabrowser.lnk out of the start menu folder? I would also delete it out of the registry. Do a soft reset, then try installing, and it might say it failed but launch opera and check the version. It worked for me.

ya, couldnt delete all files, and now opera wont install or work haha so i guess im going to just use skyfire. too lazy to hard reset again

w7excursion 03-24-2009 09:05 PM

What version did you have installed? I wonder if replacing the files manually along with the opera9.exe,operaL.exe from the version you want to use would work? Just a thought.

Reno 03-25-2009 09:35 AM

i can't check haha, opera wont start up anymore, im just going to hard reset oh well :p