PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Gyrator...worth it?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60714)

amw1972 03-11-2009 02:08 PM

Gyrator...worth it??

Is the Gyrator app worth having and running in the background?? Any one care to comment on their experience?

Capsyze 03-11-2009 02:11 PM

Re: Gyrator...worth it??

I had it installed on my phone and ended up removing it after a few hours...i didnt like it personally...but everyonje's different!!

eballin 03-11-2009 02:12 PM

i didnt like it to much. my main problem is when i was getting a incoming call it would freeze up, and i couldnt figure out how to fix that problem. so if i could find a way to fix that i would start using it again.

jason25 03-11-2009 02:13 PM

Best advice is try it out and see if it works for you. If you don't like, uninstall. That's what I did.

jharp146 03-11-2009 02:28 PM

Here's the thing. When you install Gyrator 2 it is programmed to rotate the screen ALWAYS unless there is an exception created. It already has some exceptions pre-programmed into it such as Opera, TF3D, Teeter, YouTube, Camera, and a couple others. The problem that I had was creating exceptions for some programs that I don't want to rotate such as the phone and S2A. However, creating a new event, (exception,) isn't that hard and once you spend a few minutes creating them, then all is gravy. I love it. Another option is setting the long press send key to rotate the screen. That's what I used before Gyrator.

u8myfoood 03-11-2009 02:35 PM

I hated it, after attempting to use it in bed at night, it just angered me, it's useful at times but most of the time it's annoying... try it out for yourself!

majorassface 03-11-2009 02:37 PM

Gyrator gets installed on my phone everytime I flash. It's an essential part of creating the feel I like. I don't actually use it to rotate my screen though. Instead I have it set to turn my screen off and sleep when I place my phone face down. Also I've been playing with the ability to turn speakerphone on by laying it flat and turning speakerphone off when held upright. As for battery life, I never noticed any decrease leaving it running in the background nor any performance issues. Compared to flip it and some others I've tried, I think gyrator offers the most configurability.

Sorry everyone but IMHO, not to be a jerk but the people who complain how bad it was never took the time to configure it properly. Configured properly it works great!

Chuck_IV 03-11-2009 02:54 PM

I use it. However, I found the best thing to do was, as soon as you install it, DELETE all the preinstalled rules. Then, as you use an app that you would like to rotate, ADD it to the list of things to rotate. This way you end up with a list of things to roate, instead of what not to rotate. A much less frustrating experience doing it this way.

rainfreak 03-11-2009 02:55 PM

I agree with most that I did not care for gyrator, it just wasn't an out-of-the-box solution. Which is why I also agree with major because had I taken the time to play with the settings and work with it, I might have really liked it.

OP, everyone here does agree on one thing though... just install it and try it. You can always uninstall it if, like many of us, it is not what you are looking for.

MoonZ*BabysH 03-11-2009 03:00 PM

i activate it mainly when i want to use Skyfire seeing as how that doesnt rotate on its own. other than that i usually have it off.