PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   *****Anyone able to get new TP after falling out sorry case????**** (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60395)

bds120 03-08-2009 06:39 PM

*****Anyone able to get new TP after falling out sorry case????****

Ok, here is the deal. I have had my TP since the first day they came out. Never touched water or been dropped. UNTIL TODAY!!!!!! Dang TP fell out of the sorry case as I was going upstairs to my apartment. It dropped like 5 feet and slid 2 feet on the front side. Damage really isnt that horrific b/c I had screen protector, but center button, call, end buttons are scratched and bottom right is damaged.

Is there anything I can do?

Dr.8820 03-08-2009 06:47 PM

Re: *****Anyone able to get new TP after falling out sorry case????****

dang dude, sorry to hear about that! i would probably overlook the physical stuff as long as it still works. you might trade it in and get a crappy refurb.

rhannahs19 03-08-2009 07:14 PM

if u have insurance u can get a new one for 50 bucks

Dr.8820 03-08-2009 07:29 PM

if it makes you feel better op, i'm a painter. i bought a touch off ebay and the box was empty. after contacting paypal i gave up hope and convinced sprint to exchange my faulty treo for a touch. i got home one day and there was a new touch at my door! the very next morning the dang thing fell off my hip (i was using the sorry oem "purse") and right into a can of oil paint! i got home and another brand new touch was at my door! turns out the "painted" one was from the ebay guy!

bds120 03-08-2009 07:39 PM

wow...thats just f'ed up

Mylt1 03-08-2009 08:02 PM

usually they wont replace because of cosmetic damage.

hd_08 03-08-2009 08:13 PM

Not yet. I am going to go to the Sprint store hopefully this week and see if they will replace it.
I have had no problems with the case until a couple of weeks ago, when it fell out the case while i was going down the stairs.
And last week, I was walking to class and it randomly decided to fall out of the case. I never even touch the case!
Some of the chrome has gone.
But I will let you know how it goes!

gsvnet 03-08-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr8820 (Post 760144)
if it makes you feel better op, i'm a painter. i bought a touch off ebay and the box was empty. after contacting paypal i gave up hope and convinced sprint to exchange my faulty treo for a touch. i got home one day and there was a new touch at my door! the very next morning the dang thing fell off my hip (i was using the sorry oem "purse") and right into a can of oil paint! i got home and another brand new touch was at my door! turns out the "painted" one was from the ebay guy!

lol. nice story.

Imaginos 03-08-2009 08:24 PM

Had the same thing happen with my TP. Didn't even have it 2 days and it squirted out the back of the holster. It didn't help that I was in a LAN closet with a concrete floor.

Now I carry it in my old Mogul's case - Leather end straps won't let it sneak out like the crappy elastic band did.

fr0st 03-08-2009 08:30 PM

They replaced mine for a new one just having missing chrome. No deductable just a even swap in the store. I would give it a try.