PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   No Vibrate after Boot? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59217)

[sammich] 02-25-2009 11:44 PM

No Vibrate after Boot?

Ugh... Everything is running perfectly except my phone no longer vibrates. When I do a soft reset, there is the short vibrate but once WM starts, nothing. I've tested vibrate/ring, the volume slider, TouchResponse, and all others.

Any ideas?

[sammich] 02-26-2009 08:51 AM

Re: No Vibrate after Boot?

Bump...

Somebody! ANYBODY!

tn_friend 02-26-2009 09:09 AM

I am having the same issue My phone stopped vibrating on Saturday....which is quite irritating since most of the time i leave my phone on vibrate for phone calls.....i have tried soft resetting..hard resetting still doesn't vibrate

Machinehead 02-26-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 739357)
TouchResponse

I have the problem with TouchReponse. Pull out your stylus and put it back in after a soft-reset.

[sammich] 02-26-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 739920)
I have the problem with TouchReponse. Pull out your stylus and put it back in after a soft-reset.

What do you mean? I removed TouchResponse and it still isn't working. So if I reinstall it, I just remove the stylus and vibrate works?

java75a 02-27-2009 07:23 AM

that happen to me, vibrating not working after i droop the phone on a hard wood floor not vibrating at all not even the small vibration after the phone is booting up, this was a replacement for my mogul i received from asurion so i call them and they sent me another brand new for free

meccadon123 02-27-2009 07:56 AM

Dropping it or taking the cover off/putting it on can affect the vibration. I actually had this problem before and adjusting the battery (out/in several times)tapping on the vibration mechanism,actually tapping the corner of the bottom can sometimes jar it back into place(the vibration mech.) If you press on the back cover to hard it will mess up the vibration mech. . I know this sounds a little odd, but trust me, i got mine working this way after it stopped.

[sammich] 02-27-2009 08:45 AM

SOLVED IT!

It was PPC6700 hacks... The option to disable LEDs had been ticked accidentally. I removed it and everything works!

Thanks so much for your help!

Machinehead 02-27-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 740964)
What do you mean? I removed TouchResponse and it still isn't working. So if I reinstall it, I just remove the stylus and vibrate works?

There's a glitch with TouchResponse, something to do with the stylus sensor. But on my TP after a soft-reset I have to pullout and put the stylus back in to get it working again.