PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Contact Back Up (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59141)

K-OtiK 02-25-2009 11:22 AM

Contact Back Up

I did a search and could not find what I was looking for, forgive me if I missed it. Im still a lil unfamiliar with these WM phones. I have a Touch Pro thru Sprint, but I bought it from Best Buy, for price reasons. But I checked my ROM date and my build, I definately have one of the older versions. I saw HTC has a new ROM to update a few things and I saw that it clears out contacts and all! I have an Apple iMac so unfortunately Active Sync will not work on my computer! Is there any other way I can get my contacts off the phone, do the ROM update, and put the contacts back on the phone without having to do it all by hand?

jason25 02-25-2009 11:27 AM

Re: Contact Back Up

there are a ton of backup programs out there, such as PIM Backup, I believe the ROM update you are referring to is for the GSM model, you have Sprint which is CDMA. Check the Touch Pro Essentials in the Touch Pro forum found here.

JohnAD 02-25-2009 11:41 AM

Does anyone else have the problem of when you restore contacts with PIM Backup, the next time you activesync you all of a sudden have every contact duplicated. This happens in outlook as well as on the phone. I haven't found a way around this.

JAVIERBOND007 02-25-2009 12:10 PM

+1 for PIMBackup for backing up contacts, and JOHNAD you might want to check your activesync settings maybe you have it set up to change the information in your device when you conect with your pc that could be the problem at least what i can think of.

littlefreak 02-25-2009 12:35 PM

HTC Backup program is nice it will save a little packet onto your storage card. Also a good idea might be to sign up for microsoft My Phone Beta... Its perty sweet backs it up to your hotmail account.

Hafrust 02-25-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-OtiK (Post 737681)
I saw HTC has a new ROM to update a few things and I saw that it clears out contacts and all!

I don't believe there is an official ROM update for HTC for our Touch Pros. I saw one posted the other day that was not for CDMA versions (which is what Sprint/Verizon/Alltel are). I'm not even sure that it was for domestic GSM versions.

Edit: By the way...welcome to the site!

K-OtiK 02-25-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlefreak (Post 737842)
HTC Backup program is nice it will save a little packet onto your storage card. Also a good idea might be to sign up for microsoft My Phone Beta... Its perty sweet backs it up to your hotmail account.

where do I get HTC Backup?

Geekcop 02-25-2009 01:00 PM

SPB Backup is also a good option..www.spbsoftwarehouse.com. A nice free option is DashWire. www.dashwire.com

Hafrust 02-25-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-OtiK (Post 737896)
where do I get HTC Backup?

Searching for HTC Backup would be a good start.

kyle4269 02-25-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geekcop (Post 737905)
SPB Backup is also a good option..www.spbsoftwarehouse.com. A nice free option is DashWire. www.dashwire.com

+1 for SPB Backup! I've been using that for a while!