PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   control windows media player from TP-Remote (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58626)

gianthobbit 02-21-2009 01:44 AM

control windows media player from TP-Remote

How can I pause, play, skip, and edit playlist on my comp from my TP?

Aleki 02-21-2009 02:05 AM

Re: control windows media player from TP-Remote

heres one way to do it
http://gbmsoftware.com/index.php?opt...d=19&Itemid=16

DaPeeps 02-21-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleki (Post 727312)

GRemote does work very well.

Can also be done with VNC, Remote Desktop, Webguide (With Windows Media Center)

gianthobbit 02-21-2009 02:36 PM

I keep getting connection timeout error:

http://gbmsoftware.com/index.php?opt...Afaq&Itemid=14

Here are something to note
  • In step three I set the specific IP for the Pan driver to the example of 192.168.0.1, default gateway is left blank and subnet mask auto populated.
  • I ran the program in set 4, like it mention there is no visual that this application has launched (do you have to run this each time you want to use gremote?)
  • I was able to pair the device and they are seeing each other, I am using the bluesoleil 6, same program used in this demonstration
  • Step ten there is no BT Connection found under network connections, there is however a Local area connection 9 (bluetooth pan network) that I think he is referring to in the directions
  • Ive set the TCP/IP to 192.168.50.1 and again left default gateway and below that DNS server info blank
  • I have no firewalls running on my pc
To my knowledge Ive followed the directions to a T and its still not working, can someone please advise. Thank you in advacne.

therookielot 02-21-2009 03:29 PM

This is really cool haha, I'm gonna download this later.

slightlyevolved 02-21-2009 03:59 PM

How about Salling Clicker? I've used it for years and it adds stuff like proximity. Not free but works great and you can script additional functions.

Works with the Mac too.

www.Salling.com

chrisaroz 02-21-2009 04:17 PM

If your computer has Vista and Bluetooth, this is my favorite way.
Sideshow for Windows Mobile

DaPeeps 02-21-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisaroz (Post 728148)
If your computer has Vista and Bluetooth, this is my favorite way.
Sideshow for Windows Mobile

Wow...nice app...thaks for that=D>

gianthobbit 02-21-2009 05:05 PM

trying sailling software clicker, cant believe that every little app cost 20+ bucks, this gets expensive

stanglifemike 02-21-2009 05:08 PM

GRemote is really cool. I like it

avgas 02-21-2009 06:37 PM

Gremote is pretty cool, I just had to type this from my touch pro

gianthobbit 02-23-2009 11:03 AM

really wish i could get gremote to work, anyone have similar issues to what i have listed above?

DaPeeps 02-23-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gianthobbit (Post 731967)
really wish i could get gremote to work, anyone have similar issues to what i have listed above?

sorry man...wish i could help...never had an issue with it. I use the TCP connection rather than bluetooth and it works great

Machinehead 02-23-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gianthobbit (Post 728249)
trying sailling software clicker, cant believe that every little app cost 20+ bucks, this gets expensive

You can use it for free indefinitely.

gianthobbit 02-23-2009 11:02 PM

wow, my level of frustration with this is unbelievable, why on earth is this so )(*&()& diffucult. There has to be something wrong with my bluetooth stack on my pc or the dongle that i have, i can get them to pair but not i keep getting paring errors from sailing clicker...gremote wont work, cant even begin to figure it out... i guess i will just give up

littlefreak 02-23-2009 11:12 PM

I favor the Microsoft SideShow myself. Lets me control my music fully plus I can ad a few other monitor tools for my computer.

ruskiyab 02-23-2009 11:24 PM

One thing for G remote over wifi, make sure the phone is conneced to the same wifi network

avgas 02-23-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gianthobbit (Post 734015)
wow, my level of frustration with this is unbelievable, why on earth is this so )(*&()& diffucult. There has to be something wrong with my bluetooth stack on my pc or the dongle that i have, i can get them to pair but not i keep getting paring errors from sailing clicker...gremote wont work, cant even begin to figure it out... i guess i will just give up

try over wifi

gianthobbit 02-24-2009 03:04 PM

what if i go somewhere that does not have a wifi network though

chronster 02-24-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPeeps (Post 732220)
sorry man...wish i could help...never had an issue with it. I use the TCP connection rather than bluetooth and it works great

If you wouldn't mind, could you either link to instructions or post step by step instructions on how to use TCP instead of bluetooth? I will shower you with thanks lol

gator2k83 02-24-2009 03:32 PM

If you have your laptop with you that you want to control it will still work over wifi. Just setup an Ad-Hoc network (its a peer to peer wireless connection that does not use a router or access point to connect 2 or more wireless devices) Its easier to setup from the phone then connect to from the laptop.

Go to your wireless where you would normally connect to an acess point. Click add new. Type in what you want the network to be called. Check the box that says this is an ad-hoc network. click next set it up with a key if you want or leave it to open and none. Click next dismiss the part where it asks about the 802.11 certificate. Your done. Turn on your wifi on the phone connect to the ad hoc network by listing all in the dropdown (default is acess points only) Go over to your laptop and you will see your network ssid that you made click to connect (use your wep key if you setup with a key)

Thats it you will always be able to controll or use the g-remote or Saling Clicker you won't have to have an internet connection to do this. I have not tested but in theory if you use wmwifirouter to make the wifi connection to your laptop and are running wmwifirouter to use as tethering whenever you have it going to use internet on your laptop you are connected to the laptop over the same type of ad-hoc network so gremote and saling clicker should work during tethering sessions as well.