PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Power button issues on my CDMA touch pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58098)

Phil_00 02-17-2009 05:08 PM

Power button issues on my CDMA touch pro

I've recently noticed that after my device is left for periods of time and the backlight goes off and turns orff into its low power mode, i cant wake it up. I hit the power button and nothing happens. This issue is hit or miss, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. It makes using the alram clock on my device hard when its frozen in the morning. Anyone else expericning this issue?

Syph3r 03-04-2009 03:09 PM

Re: Power button issues on my CDMA touch pro

I am just recently having this issue too. I dont know why. I do a hard reset and its not as bad but it still does it about 1/5 times pressed, but before the hard reset it wouldn't work at all!

I'm afraid that If I take it into a sprint store its not going to mess up for them.

kyle4269 03-04-2009 03:24 PM

Have you guys loaded any custom roms on the phone?

Syph3r 03-04-2009 04:05 PM

Im using the stock rom but with custom apps and stuff. I dont think its software related but I can't say that I don't notice an improvement when I do a hard reset. Maybe its an app or a hack that I have????

chappy 03-04-2009 04:06 PM

Are your devices on the charger when this happens? I had this happen with me on the stock rom, but never on mightyrom(or any other custom rom for that matter)

kyle4269 03-04-2009 04:07 PM

It could be something that you installed..I would install one thing at a time to see what is causing that problem.

Syph3r 03-04-2009 04:27 PM

It happens on and off the charger.

I think im going to just restore my backup to a couple of weeks ago and hopefully that will solve the problem.

Syph3r 03-04-2009 04:39 PM

I restored my backup and everythings back to normal. I wonder what caused it???

Syph3r 03-05-2009 09:20 AM

Ok this is really starting to piss me off! Its back to doing it! Even after I restore back to a couple of weeks ago, and I know that it wasn't doing it then. The biggest problem is trying to get the idiot techs at the sprint store to fix it. If it doesn't act up in front of them, they are just going to Shooo me away!

dallas contractor 03-05-2009 09:59 AM

Remove all apps and start from fresh. See if for a day or two if its does it or not. If it does not do it put on one app and let it go for a day and so fort. It could be one or more apps conflicting, or a hack that you forgot. That back up is not going to work.