PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   zagg/ invisishield (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58081)

denti 02-17-2009 03:38 PM

zagg/ invisishield

I just wanted to let the community know about my recent dealings with zagg the makers of invisishield.
i had placed an order for a full body guard from them on jan 15. i've not received anything yet so i gave did their live chat thing with them to find the status of my order. this is what i was told
Betty: I do apologize for the delay. Due to a high demand for the item, your shipment was delayed. I will have it shipped out within the next 1-3 business days.

so that means, that if i didn't inquire about my purchase nothing would have been done. no email saying it was back ordered, no email saying there was a delay of any nature.
then i she informs me that shipping to canada take 3 wks. i'm not sure what they are using that it takes 3wks but they really should feed that donkey they're using for mail abit more.

i personally would never purchase anything from them ever again.
ok. i'll get off my soapbox now

jmorton10 02-17-2009 03:43 PM

Re: zagg/ invisishield

I have found Zagg's CS was pretty bad myself.

I had an order take over 6 weeks once without any notice whatever from them (that was the last time I ever dealt with them).

~John

wmdunn 02-17-2009 03:50 PM

My experience has been just the opposite ... going all the way back to my 6700 days. Always shipped in a timely fashion, and stand behind the products unconditionally. I think their screen protector is the best out there. Sorry to hear about your experience ... hope you like the body guard when you receive it.

jmorton10 02-17-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmdunn (Post 718648)
I think their screen protector is the best out there. .

Wow, have you ever tried any other brand??

I realize everybodies different but I absolutely hated the zagg screen protector. I still have a new unopened one at home, I hated the first one so much I ripped it off & threw it out three days after I installed it.

I now use a Brando Protector Plus & it works so much better than the zagg the difference is literally night & day.

~John

frittob 02-17-2009 04:35 PM

+1 for the zagg support pretty good ... no problems returning 2 shields

ShadowDrake 02-17-2009 04:50 PM

The Zagg one (invisibleshield) is really nice for non-touchscreen phones, I think... it is very scratch proof... but I had one on my Helio Ocean, and I was demonstrating it's capabilities, ran my fingernail across it a few times and it scratched right through - my friends laughed, and I lost hope in it. I didn't buy another one for my TP because it just wasn't touch-friendly... too sticky. I'm still using the stock screen protector

rsohne 02-17-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 718743)
Wow, have you ever tried any other brand??

I now use a Brando Protector Plus & it works so much better than the zagg the difference is literally night & day.

~John

How is it different??

Bizill 02-17-2009 05:57 PM

FINALLY....after months of debating and now being on the other end, i wish i had gone with the bodyguard product. i love the zagg on my kids' psp's though. service and shipping just plain suck. that's all i have to say.

Mutiny32 02-17-2009 10:37 PM

I just took my invisibleShield back to best buy today. It's great if you like to lose finger touch functionality. Oh, and it has a nice orange-peel effect. Did I mention it feels more like a clear rubber grip than a screen protector?

In short, Zagg's product is crap. It has no business on the screen of any touchscreen device like the Pro.

SouthStar019 02-18-2009 02:08 AM

i liked mine. they shipped in reasonable time also i had it in about a week. what are the alternatives?