PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 11:37 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What can you do with your Touch Pro

This is one thread that I like to start on all my new PPC’s well at least the ones I am happy with and keep for a while. (Sorry 800w lovers)

Just what the title says tell us what cool accessories programs etcetera you use and how you use it. We have the best most powerful device with the best processer and overall specs of the available devices I have seen so I know there are a lot of snappy ways to use the Touch Pro that I haven’t thought of so fill me in on what you’re doing. I will get the party started.

I have Tomtom installed for guidance I use my Scosche windshield mount to keep my TP visible while driving without creating a distraction from the road or my driving. I have a Motorola 505 Bluetooth speaker with FM radio transmitter this is a nice accessories I recommend this one it works in wireless stereo mode over Bluetooth so basically it plays all the music, ringers, Tomtom direction prompts and phone ringer. All of the sounds are broadcasted over my trucks stereo speakers via FM transmission. I have used FM transmitters in the past for other devices and I was not impressed but with this device I have been presently surprised with the clarity it uses something called punch through technology and will find the clearest channel where you are then tell you what station to put your stereo on this works nicely to get the best signal possible. I have an IGo car charger which dose a very good job keeping my TP charged I even gain some battery even with heavy use.

The seen:
I am driving down the road I have music from my 900 plus songs library playing, Tomtom is on the screen giving me directions and prompts without stopping the Music it just says the directions right over the music playback. The phone rings I tap the answer button on the Moto 505 the music stops the call is connected I am talking to the person and what they are saying is coming through my truck speakers. (Very Cool) While on the call the screen automatically goes back to Tomtom so while I am talking on the phone I won’t get lost. I hang up the music starts playing Tomtom shows on the screen, but wait I need to make a call I tap the phone button on my Moto 505, the music stops, voice command prompt starts I say call (name here) Voice command actually understands me and calls the requested person and the cycle continues. I drive allot and I am on the phone all the time this combination helps me keep working while maintaining my focus on driving so I can stay safe in heavy DFW area traffic.

Now tell me what you do with your TP.

PS: Stand warned NO HATERS here I will ban you from this thread. (OOPS! Can't do that any more)
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.

Last edited by Big D5; 08-22-2009 at 07:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:39 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: What can you do with your Touch Pro

I can turn a small room into a party room! With the nuelight3 strobe feature going, and my music coming out through some large speakers, it's like my own portable night club

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

ryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to ryallchild

i can play old nes, snes, and sega games for hours
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:47 AM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
I can turn a small room into a party room! With the nuelight3 strobe feature going, and my music coming out through some large speakers, it's like my own portable night club
Very nice I just downloaded the cab I will try it out
Old 02-15-2009, 11:48 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
Very nice I just downloaded the cab I will try it out
It's great for those wow i'm bored out of my mind days
Old 02-15-2009, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

bujin is becoming a great contributor

My current favorite is to use the TV-out feature on an old TV I have in the basement - I can watch any of my stored videos (or Sprint TV) while working out without having to have a cable hookup. And I don't have to worry about volume bothering the family, because the sound is piped through my BT headset.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:57 AM
The Voice of Reason
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujin View Post
My current favorite is to use the TV-out feature on an old TV I have in the basement - I can watch any of my stored videos (or Sprint TV) while working out without having to have a cable hookup. And I don't have to worry about volume bothering the family, because the sound is piped through my BT headset.
Very cool! I still don't have a video cable but I am going to order me one soon.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:09 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

I can VPN into work, remote into a server, and restart a service all without a lappy.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

I fire up Pocket FM, Mundu or Pandora in the car and have myself a personalized satellite radio.

Big D5, what power adapter do you use in the car? Looking for a good one that does not bleed any noise into the sound. Using an inverter right now to avoid it, but a standard 12v would be nice.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bladetragic is a n00b

Sorry, I'm new here....The TomTom feature is pretty cool......I just got a Touch Pro.....how would I go about getting it on my phone ???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro