PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Some task bar icons are missing! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=56420)

chronster 02-05-2009 10:42 AM

Some task bar icons are missing!

When I plug in headphones, it doesn't show the headphone icon. When I turn bluetooth on, it doesn't show bluetooth icon. The phone still functions correctly, and other icons are still there, but some are missing. The important ones are there (like 1x / ev, signal strength, battery, new mail notification)

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone found a fix?

Wingzfan 02-05-2009 10:46 AM

Re: Some task bar icons are missing!

install a new taskbar icon set. Ive got all the icons your missing so that would be my suggestion.

chronster 02-05-2009 10:51 AM

Tried that. I was running custom icons, then I uninstalled them and the stock icons did the same thing. Reinstalled a different set of icons for the same result.

xgm541 02-05-2009 11:39 AM

make sure you dont have lots of icons up there. Like if you have new mail and new instant message, the headphones icon will not show.

chronster 02-05-2009 11:57 AM

Yeah that's not it. I am sitting here with 0 notifications.

chronster 02-05-2009 02:02 PM

GREAT! So now it gets worse! I restarted my phone, and now the battery icon has the date (2/5) AND a round clock over it!

Is there some kind of DLL I should delete to restore default entirely?

freeza 02-05-2009 02:10 PM

Have you reverted to the Stock WM dialer instead of the HTC dialer? This will disable the bluetooth icon from showing up on the taskbar...

chronster 02-05-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeza (Post 691963)
Have you reverted to the Stock WM dialer instead of the HTC dialer? This will disable the bluetooth icon from showing up on the taskbar...

Yes I have. Thank you kind sir. Same with the headphone icon?

Ok, well the headphone icon still doesn't show up, and I've still got a clock and a date over my battery icon. But at least bluetooth is back! lol

freeza 02-05-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 691999)
Yes I have. Thank you kind sir. Same with the headphone icon?

Ok, well the headphone icon still doesn't show up, and I've still got a clock and a date over my battery icon. But at least bluetooth is back! lol

No problem!

The headphones icon should show up just fine, it does on my phone even with the stock dialer..

What you can try and do is see if the appropriate bmp files are located in the \Windows directory:

BT Stereo headset.bmp
BT Stereo headset mask.bmp

chronster 02-05-2009 02:50 PM

yes, all there.

This is the strangest thing in the world. It worked perfectly just a few days ago and I haven't installed anything.

Is there a DLL that controlls the icons?